𝟘𝟘𝟛

***

***

𝔸𝔼𝕄𝕄𝔼ℝ𝕐

      "𝕋ℍ𝕀𝕊 𝕀𝕊 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕃𝔸𝔻𝕐 ℂℍ𝕐𝔸ℕℕ𝔼 𝕆𝔽 ℍ𝕆𝕌𝕊𝔼 𝕋𝕌𝕃𝕃𝕐, 𝔾ℝ𝔸ℕ𝔻𝔻𝔸𝕌𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕆𝔽 𝕃𝕆ℝ𝔻 𝔾ℝ𝕆𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝕋𝕌𝕃𝕃𝕐." Ser Criston Cole announced, seemingly annoyed with his given duties. "She is one and two, well trained in sewing, cleanliness, and culinary."

      Aemmery glanced down at the red haired-blue eyed girl. She had fish embroidered all over her dress. How dull it must've been to have your sigil be a stinking fish. "You honor me, My Lady." Aemma smiled down. 

      "Tis my honor, Your Highness."

      Aemmery kept moving down the line, listening as Ser Criston rambled on. 

      "Lady Jenny Arryn, Sister of Lady Jeyne Arryn." A falcon was better than a fish, but nowhere near a dragon. 

      "Lady Lyanna Tyrell, elder sister to Lord Lyonel Tyrell." A rose was pretty but delicately dull. Like her mother. 

      "Lady Cerelle Lannister, daughter of Lord Jason Lannister." Aemma held in roll of the eyes at the lioness. Lannisters were pompous twats who tried to live higher than their means. 

      "While I am blessed to have so many applicants," she whispered to Criston, "are there none of lower status? Lowborns have dirtier hands than nobles." Though many nobles were eager to have their daughter serve the Princess of Oldtown so that they might have connections in court, there were always twice as many peasants who needed the wage and worked twice as hard. 

      "Lady Alys Rivers, bastard daughter of the late Lord Lyonel Strong."

      Another dirty haired Strong. 

      Aemmery stopped before the brunette, taking a long look at her. She couldn't tell whether the woman was old or young. "What are your trades?" She asked with a small smile. 

      Alys curtsied. "Cooking, cleaning, sewing, styling, discreetness, and loyalty." She smiled back. "Your Highness."

      After a false moment of contemplation, Aemmery made her decision. "While I have delighted in all of your companies, and have considered you all thoroughly, I must go with the Lady Alys as my handmaiden." A few sighs of disappointment were head. "Though I thank you for your time, and I invite you all to stay for tonight's supper before your departure. For now, if you would all join me in my chambers for tea..."