𝟘𝟘𝟜

***

***

𝔸𝔼𝕄𝕄𝔼ℝ𝕐

      ℂ𝕃𝔸𝕋𝕋𝔼ℝ𝕀ℕ𝔾 ℂ𝕌𝕋𝕃𝔼ℝ𝕐 ℍ𝔸𝔻 ℕ𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝔹𝔼𝔼ℕ 𝕃𝕆𝕌𝔻𝔼ℝ. But even still, the unspoken truth was louder. Aemmery pushed the fried eggs in her plate around. She could feel the small glances thrown her way, but she ignored them. Though, it was indescribable the way that she could feel when he glanced at her, as opposed to everyone else. 

      Averting her eyes, she glanced at her father. King Viserys had grown so weary that his queen had to feed him his meal. Normally, he never left his chambers. But Aemmery knew why he had. This would be the last time she would take up residence in the Keep for another year. In that time, no one knew whether he would still be living. 

      She would bet not, if it were not for the fact that he'd been as sick as ever for as long as she'd known him. Her father was a fighter. He fought for the things that he deemed worthy. And that list had never included her or her siblings. 

      So, she could not see why he'd made the effort to see her now.

      "What happened to your hand?" Otto asked his granddaughter, grasping her left hand that rested on the table next to her chalice. She had a long vertical cut on her palm. 

      All five heads turned to look at her, and she pulled her hand from her grandsire, placing it in her lap. "My supper knife fell last night."

      Alicent shook her head slightly, glancing at her daughter's purple eyes. Aemmery knew that her mother saw right through her. She always did. "Let me see." Alicent's voice held no contempt for defiance. 

      Aemmery sighed, lifting her palm.  

      "It fell?" Her mother asked. "Right across your hand?"

      The princess shrugged, glancing away. "I tried to catch it."

      There was a brief pause, and a small hum from her twin before the queen spoke again. "Go to the Maester. Have him heal it. Now."

      Aemmery sighed deeply and stood from her chair. Her mother became anxious whenever they got scrapes and bruises. She feared that whatever infliction their king suffered could be passed down through blood to his children. 

      The hovering annoyed Aemma, but in truth, she was glad to take leave from the awkward breakfast.

       Aemmery walked around the table, ignoring the brush of Aemond's hair as she passed him. "Father." She said her goodbye and placed a small kiss on his forehead. She had no intentions of speaking to him again before her departure. 

      Viserys lifted a finger, but he did not open his eyes, addled on Poppy. Alicent gave her a small smile of sympathy that she neither needed nor desired. "Go."