love never dies. (angst)

///

(carla's pov!)

it was finally happening.

the principle was finally going to be defeated once and for all. it was an end to a torturous cycle. the end to all suffering.

or so i thought.

nothing, could have prepared me for the grief i was about to face.

———

i ran up the stairs, completely ignoring stevie shouting at me from behind.

i ran straight into the principles office and flung open all of her desk drawers in an instance, searching rapidly for the disc. i didn't have enough time to waste on just standing around. it was a life or death situation.

i cursed under my breath, it had to be here. where else could it be?

after what felt like hours of searching, i finally found it tucked under the printer. i nearly jumped of joy as i slipped it into the slot on the computer.

i clicked print as soon as the page lit up, i could read it later. the other kids need my help right now.
more importantly, he needs my help.

i could feel the ground start to shake, i felt my eyebrows furrow and wonder what could possibly be happening.

i practically skip down the stairs and unscrew the grater and jump in.

the elevator door is shut.

fuck! why didn't i think of this?

i bang rapidly on the door and shout loudly, hoping someone will hear and let me in.

nothing.

i groan, frustrated, and slump against the wall. hoping someone will answer my desperate calls.

i hear shouting from downstairs, and crying, and more shouting, and then screaming, really loud screaming.

i start to panic but then i hear the scanner go off and the elevator door click open.

"adam!!" i turn my head and smile at the brunette boy, who looks... scared.

"come on, we have to hurry." he practically drags me into the elevator and rapidly presses the down button.

"you okay?" i ask,

"you'll see." his voice is as quite as a whisper. i frown, but don't push to get an answer.

when we descend, we're greeted by the lovely sight of what looks like a pool of green sludge, a couple of chambers, a couple of monsters and oh! a gigantic mutant fucking principle.

yeah, i was shocked too.

before i could even take everything in, adam dragged me over to what looked like some controls.

"oh great, you're here." i jumped and slowly turned to face the freckled ginger, my arch nemises.
monty.

he wasn't really my arch nemesis, but we always bickered about stupid rivalry stuff. we were always partners for group projects and were always top of the class, we sometimes made it a competition to beat each-other in tests; i usually let him win just to see his face light up.

i kind of liked him..

but i never got to confess.

"i'm not happy to see you either, montgomery." i chuckled at my nickname for the boy and tried to make sense of the controls.

"shut up, come on carlotta, we got a mutants ass to beat." he laughed alongside with me.

together, we managed to take out the monsters but i was thrown offguard when i heard something.

a robot..

penny.

i hadn't seen her when i walked in, and now i was staring at her decapitated body.

i ran over.

"penny!" i cried out, scooping her head into my arms and hugging her tighter and tighter.

all the times she stopped me from bringing in contraband was enough for me to hate her, but that wasn't her, she was never in control of herself.

"i'll fix you when we're out of this, i promise you." i clung onto her head for dear life and kissed it softly, before letting my tears out.

i'm was too busy crying that i don't see it happen.

i can still hear him.

"hah! see you in hell, blondie."

i can still hear the gunshot.

///

and here i am. 10 years in the future. it's almost funny to remember how close we actually were. a lot has changed, felix and adam have a daughter; alix, you would love her, even though i know you didn't like children. you always complained about your siblings and swore you'd never have a child. billy and ted are married, they're on their honeymoon in mallorca; they keep sending us photos.

i've barely changed. i go by my real name, carlotta, now. in memory of you. my favourite colour is still green, the colour of your gorgeous eyes. i still do my eyeliner the same, just how you liked it. i even sometimes draw freckles on myself. the exact number you have; 103.

they say time heals, well, i say that's bullshit. they tell me 'oh move on! he's far gone now!' i just laugh. you're not gone. not in my heart.

i can't move on, i won't move on.

i never confessed to you, but i liked you a lot, and i still do. and my love for you will never die

you're headstone is as pretty as you were, mi amor.

- carlotta.