one chance (fluff?)

"UGH!!" i groan as i frantically shake the vent cover. felix needs me to jam this stupid vent in the girls bathroom for one of his stupid deals. usually, i would never take felix up on an offer but... he kind of offered to keep penny off my back for a few days so i can go ahead with my big operation sooooo.. i couldnt really decline.

"this is hopeless" i lean my head on the vent in defeat. my screwdriver got confiscated off of me a couple of days ago and i thought i could do without it, i guess my big ego got ahead of me once again.

i suddenly hear a pair of footsteps, my heart drops as i struggle to descend from the unstable steel ladder. i quickly fumble my way into one of the toilet stalls and slam the door shut. as soon as i lock it i hear someone storm into the main bathroom.

"carla, come out. i saw what you were trying to do" i hear a tired mechanical voice sigh. shit, i forgot the school fixed the cameras.
i hold my breath and pray penny goes away.

"carla, i will blast down the door you're hiding behind" i can hear her tap her foot impatiently and i can start to smell steam, i assume its from her, her chip must be ready to fry.

i fumble around in my pockets for the remote i stole from miss applegate, but its not there.
i sigh and begin to unlock the door as i hear the bathroom door swing open once more.

"monty! this is the girls bathroo-"
i hear montys name and i fling open the door and stare at the tall, ginger boy stood in the doorway.
i see him twirling the remote between his fingers gracefully, whilst still being cautious about not dropping it.

"monty, im going to have to send you to the principals offi-" monty cuts her off by pressing one of the buttons on penny's remote, causing her to freeze and shut down temporarily.

"how did you-" i say in a confused tone before he cuts me off.

"you booty-called me, idiot" he chuckles and scans the room.
"plus you aren't that bad either so.. i came to your aid."

"whatever, thanks i guess" i roll my eyes and take out my hair-clip and begin to climb the rickety ladder.

"what are you trying to do?" monty looks up from his gaze disapprovingly and leans on the doorframe.

"i don't think it's any of your business, considering the fact that we're rivals." i roll my eyes and stick my hair-clip in one of the four screws and wriggle it around.

"well i don't think you're gonna get far with a measly hair-clip. i can hook you up with a little something, for the right price" he winks at me.

"for christ's sake monty you know i have no mone-"

"well you can pay with something elsee." he teases and lets out an exhausted laugh and rubs his face with his insanely hot hands. fuck, do i like him?

"j-just help me get this stupid vent cover off" i feel myself become flustered and quickly turn away in attempt to hide it from him.

i climb the ladder and he follows behind me, leaning over me to reach the screws on the vent. his hand brushes my face for a split second, it feels almost... nice. my hand shoots out and pulls his back onto my cheek.

i can feel him hesitate for a second but he begins to run his thumb up and down across my cold cheek.
i look up to him and i can see him smiling. i chuckle to myself and pick up the vent cover and the loose screws.

"there" i feel him pull his hand away from my cheek as he steps down from the ladder.

i chuck a bunch of heavy junk in the vent and begin to screw it back up.

"uhm, thanks" i mumble, i try to push past him but he blocks my path.

"give me one chance carla, please" i hear him plead. i hesitantly turn back around to face him.

"for gods sake" i mutter angrily to myself but my gut is telling me to accept his offer and give him a chance. i mean, ive put him off for around 8 years.
"ill see, i need to go. thanks for getting penny off of my arse, i guess i owe you one" i force a smile and hurry out of the toilets and i make a run for cass' dorm.