[Third Person's P.OV.]

Location➳ Demon Slayer HQ, Edo period

It happened sooner than she thought.

Akira woke up some time into the night to a searing pain in her left eye that traveled all the way up to her left side of the head.

With tears starting to cascade down her porcelain face, the black haired girl covered her eye with her hand in hopes that her icy hands will cool it down as she stumbled out of her futon and hurriedly made it out of her room.

She didn't know how her she made it in her pain-filled state but Akira almost sobbed aloud once she saw the familiar patterned shoji doors of her parents' room.

"Otou-chan?Okaa-chan?" the Ubuyashiki girl called fearfully as the pain in her eye and forhead only increased, making her legs shake.

"Akira?" the sound of the Lady of the Ubuyashiki household filled the night air, "What is it? Oh-"

All the young girl saw was her mother's horrified look as her legs finally gave up and blackness overtook her vision.

The confirmation that Ubuyashiki Akira has inherited the deadly curse like disease sent a shockwave through the Demon Slayer Corps.

Almost everyone was sure that the young girl would be spared from such suffering.

Alas, fate is a cruel mistress.

Rengoku Isamu saw how it practically sucked the life out of once cheerful 17 year old girl as she laid on a futon, her left eye covered in a bandage, and her left side of her forehead now resembling a burnt flesh.

He knew that there's nothing he could do to help, but hopelessly wished that there was a cure to it just so he can see that beautiful smile he fell in love with grace Akira once again.

Yet, the flame haired man knew those wishes would never come true, so all he could do now is cherish the limited time he and Akira could spend,

until that day comes.

A/N: sorry for the long wait and short chapter, but I kinda became wayy too obsessed with Jujutsu Kaisen to properly think about anything else😅