[Third Person's P.OV.]

𝐿𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 ➳𝐷𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛 𝑆𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟 𝐻𝑄, 𝐸𝑑𝑜 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑑

As the years progressed, the curse slowly moved to the other parts of Akira's body, severely weakening her body to the point that she needed help walking around.

It didn't help that with the death of her father and her older brother now being the Head of the Corps, her family had all but given up on her.

Rengoku Isamu helped when he could, but as a high ranking swordsman he was often busy with missions and had little time to spare.

Akira wandered around the grounds of the HQ, her pale fingers brushing over the various flowers that were planted off the sides of the roads, its' vibrant colours seemingly mocking her by shining bright under the warm sun.

A maid stood a little way behind her, her keen eyes observing her mistress' actions with something akin to a pity.

The older woman couldn't help but pity the black haired girl. She was so young and yet burdened with such heavy things. She should be thinking about things like finding a man and getting married, not how many years left she had to live.

Akira stopped walking to admire the particular patch of ajisai*, their lilac to purple colors reminding her of her late father's eyes.

The ravenette sighed, missing her  father greatly, even though it hasn't even been a full year since he passed away.

He was the only one who truly understood her, having been a second child himself, however his older brother passed away first due to a sickness that was circulating the area at the time, so despite the fact that he wasn't trained for the title of the Leader he still took it and performed his duties to the utmost perfection, something that Akira greatly admired in him, along the majority of Demon Slayers.

Akira sat silently behind her older brother and beside his new wife, head hung low and hands folded nearly in her lap as the Hashira meeting regarding the increase of Upper and Lower Moon Demons droned on and on for what seemed like hours.

The violet eyed woman thought it was pointless for the Slayers in front of her to even think about challenging those powerful creatures, for the humans were always at the bottom of the food chain, weak compared to the sheer strength the demons have.

But she never voiced her thoughts, for she knew she'll face the scrutiny and disappointed glances from those around her, for an Ubuyashiki is always meant to have a positive outlook in life, there to encourage and leader others to fight to protect the weaker humans.

                        ༒

"Onii-san, may I retreat to my quarters earlier tonight. I'm not feeling well." the gentle voice of the current Oyakata-sama's sister  broke the tense silence that loomed around the Ubuyashiki household.

The said man didn't even spare his sister a glance while he scribbled some notes on the piece of yellow paper, "Yes you may. Do you need someone to check on you?"

Akira lightly shook her head, not that her brother could see it anyway, "No, thank you. I just need to lay down for a bit."

"Very well. O-yasumi nasai**. Sleep well."

After wishing her brother and his wife good night, Akira retreated to her bedroom to get ready for the sleep.

After bathing and brushing her long hair, she dressed herself in her white nightgown, sighing at the lightness of the material of the cloth. Compared to the heavy kinonos she's forced to wear nearly all day, this sleepwear felt as light as the feather.

Slipping into the comforts of her futon, the Ubuyashiki woman laid in the darkness of her room wide awake despite her body practically screaming for her to close her eyes and rest, feeling a foreboding feeling settling deep in her gut.

Something's going to change soon, Akira could feel it, and it won't be anything good.

*Japanese name for hydrangea
** Good night

*Japanese name for hydrangea ** Good night