CELEBRATIONS END

The day of the fair was finally over, Tommy grumbled as he packed away the last of his art project, stretching his back until he heard a satisfying pop before turning around and running to Dream, who had just started weakling over to his stand.

"DREAM!" Tommy yelled, wrapping the older man in a hug, his tea-kettle laugh vibrating his body as he wrapped his arms around Tommy.

"Hello, Toms, how are you?" Dream asked, leaning back a bit and cooing at the boy's tired face, giggling at the way his cheeks puffed up before he replied.

"Pretty good, I can see why they only make us do this shit once a week." Tommy mumbled, burrowing his face in Dream's hoodie, breathing in the scent of white oak as he closed his eyes, moments from falling asleep.

"Yeah, well Puffy said that the fair organisers have will be returning the art pieces to the club and taking down our stands, so no need to worry." The man replied, squeezing Tommy a little bit before letting go and gently grabbing his hand, guiding him towards the others.

"TOMMY!" Tubbo yelled, tacking the boy in a hug as he screeched, quickly fixing his footing before the two fell.

"Hello to you too Tubs." Tommy grumbled, turning around and allowing the boy to pick him up bridal style, leaning into his sweater and basking in the scent of honey.

"Are you tired Tommy?" Ranboo asked, walking next to the two as they approached the entrance, leaving the adults to talk about boring adulty things.

"Mmm. . A little bit." Tommy replied closing his eyes and allowing himself to relax as Tubbo and Ranboo started chatting.

"Oh, and there was this HUGE bee painting and-" The conversation came to an abrupt stop as the two paused, silently gasping as Tommy opened his eyes and looked in front of him, immediately tugging on Tubbo's sleeve to be let down.

Once he felt his feet hit the ground, he faced the people in front of him, hands tightening into fists as he gulped back.

"Hello Philza." He greeted, deciding to put an to the awkward stare off.

"Tommy, mate, hi." The older man replied, gesturing to Tubbo and Ranboo. "Mind if we talk? Just the two of us." Tommy noticed how Techno tensed up, he also noticed how Tubbo and Ranboo looked at Phil as if he were a bully who had been picking on your friend at school.

"S. . . Sure, but make it quick." He grumbled, crossing his arms , sending a reassuring smile to Tubbo and Ranboo as they silently freaked out, before walking forward, aiming to get away from the others as they spoke.

"Tommy," Philza began, hand resting on a closed hotdog stand near a road. "We need to talk."

"About what?" Tommy snapped back, arms tightening as Phil sighed.

"About everything." The man clarified, looking at him before he continued.

"The way me and your brothers treated you in the past was horrible, but there is a reason for it." He shoo his hands a bit as he spoke, however all Tommy could feel was an anger slowly burning in his chest.

"A reason for neglecting me?" He questioned, tone a lot more snappier as Phil grit his teeth."

"It's about your mother's death." Phil spoke, looking at him before continuing. "Me and your brothers saw so much of her in you and. . . We couldn't handle it, we thought pushing you away would be an easier escape than moving on, but we were wrong."

Tommy blinked a few times, feeling tears come to his eyes as the burning in his chest grew more and more.

"So you're saying years of neglect and break downs was all because you couldn't move on? Was all because you couldn't care for me? Was it really that easy to give p on your family rather than work through it together?" He questioned, noticing how Techno and Wilbur seemed to be having an argument with the JSchlatt.