thirteen

_________________

— SHE has worn a mask for so long now, she doesn't even know who she is now, or what she is anymore. it's all a blur, a little glimpse, of memories that won't ever come back. she's changed in one night, due to just a few incidents.

it's hurting her, possibly ruining her. after that shower, she didn't want tristan to  leave. raelynn felt like when she was alone she was vulnerable, that if she was alone she would break and pour it all out. she was afraid that she would lash out on anyone, especially him.

tristan, and lyla were the only people she would hate herself if she hurt them in anyway, everyone else she didn't care. they were the ones who helped her through any situation, and tristan has only known her for three weeks and he already means so much to her. lyla on the other hand, she would rather kill herself than hurt her.

currently, she locked herself in the bathroom. her parents have been on a work trip for atleast 1 week now, and that's when the rein of terror started by her brother. he has some serious issues, tristan was pacing back and forth in the bathroom looking at the blue eyed girl. she was holding her eyes shut, her hand tightly wrapped around the door handle as the door was on the verge of being ripped of the hinges. god, her brother has acted like this before but never this bad.

graysons voice echoed into the bathroom repeatedly, yelling the same four words. "open the door rae!". was all they could hear, all he would say. it alarmed and spooked the two lovers, but they put up their best act for as long as they could. tristan was conjuring up a plan, which she was listening to but was overwhelmed. every single time the door was hit, she jumped and would cover her mouth from squeaking, like cassie in that one episode of euphoria.

assuming that after everything went silent, no bangs or footsteps were heard in the upstairs of her house, that he had stopped trying to hurt her. she slowly stood up and nodded at tristan, who grabbed a shampoo bottle just in case of emergency. she gave him a 'wtf' look, and he shrugged.

sighing, raelynn opened the door and peaked out. making sure to look at every single individual rooms, hoping he wouldn't be scouting and waiting there for his little sister. she opened the door fully, gesturing for tristan to go first. he shook his head, "this is how horror movies start!" he hissed. "oh yeah you would know cause you died in one!" rae sputtered out, he rolled his eyes and shoved through her, snatching her arm and shoving her into her open room.

it confused them for a second, but they quickly went in and locked the door behind them, tristan was worn out from her bitchy brother. raelynn on the other hand? she was breathing heavily, horror-struck, and worried about what would happened next. taking out her phone, she pulled up a groupchat.

 taking out her phone, she pulled up a groupchat

raerae 🐶
UR SON IS A PSYCHO.

mom 🫶🏼:
Pardon me?

dad 🫂:
What did he do now.

raerae 🐶:
FIRST HE FOUND THOSE LOVE LETTERS, SECOND HE LOCKS ME OUT OF MY OWN HOUSE, AND JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO HE WAS BANGING ON THE BATHROOM DOOR TRYING TO GET THROUGH!
CANT FORGET HE PULLED MY HAIR.

mom 🫶🏼:
Oh my God baby.
I'm so sorry, I didn't know he got that bad. 🙁
We are coming home right now, we will be there in a few hours hun.

dad 🫂:
Wtf.
It's okay sweetheart we will fix
this.

raerae 🐶:
thank u.
i can't stand him anymore, he's ruining my life.

mom 🫶🏼:
I love you honey Im so so sorry.

dad 🫂:
We will be there in 4 hours.

raerae 🐶:
it takes u 5 hours?..

mom 🫶🏼:
Shh.
Otw, love you. Stay safe.
Is Tristan with you?

dad 🫂:
If he embarrassed her infront
of Tristan..

raerae 🐶:
tristan has been spending the
night for 2 days cus im 2 scared.

mom 🫶🏼:
Okay. Love u

raerae 🐶:
love u too

— THE TWO anxiously waited for her parents, raelynns leg was bouncing while she was sitting on her chair, trying to pull up a movie for them to pass some time. the movie they chose was sinister, so they rearranged themselves and started watching. rae had packed some snacks in her drawer a month before, so she slid them out and threw some at tristan, who glanced at her but then saw the candy and smiled. "thanks raerae." he extolled, smiling like a toddler when they got ice cream.

halfway through the movie, raelynn finally fell asleep after not sleeping the night before, she was either on her phone the whole time, or smiling down at tristan. tristan didn't notice until he started laughing at something, but realized she wasn't laughing. when she usually laughs at everything..

he slowly looked at the sleeping girl, craning  his neck down to get a better view of her face. finally, it hit him that she had fallen asleep. he let out a soft sigh, turning off the movie and slightly moving so her head was on his chest, and he could hold her while she slept.

he knew it had been hard for the girl lately, so he wanted to do better and help the poor girl in anyway he could. his way of showing love is physical touch and gift giving. but right now, physical touch was the best he could do. he slid his arms around her waist, and placed her hand on his chest. smiling and being proud of what he did, he slowly dozed off.

and that was quickly ruined when two car doors slammed shut outside the house, then rambling of keys and the front door shot open like someone was on a mission. he didn't know whether it was the parents or someone going to kill then, so he quickly removed the girl and placed her on her pillow. tristan ran to the window ad peaked out the blinds, a heavy sigh came out when he saw it was just the parents car. but with that sigh, came a small scream because he knew the parents were upset at her brother.

and he didn't know what they were gonna do.

ruru speaks:
hi