16~Proof Of Your Love

Alia was lying in her room deep in thoughts and was still in her school uniform as she had taken all her clothes when she left from there. There was a knock on her door and Arjun entered her room with food. She sat up. "Bacha, have food and then I will buy you some clothes, I know you took all your clothes with you and now you have none left," he said, she somewhat smiled and took the food from him. He began to leave but then she stopped him. He turned to her. "Who made the food?" she asked.

"Me, who else?" he asked. "You? You never used to prepare food before, I never saw this avatar of yours before, dad," she said in a shock. "So now you saw it, have it, and then I will take you with me," he said and again began to leave but she stopped him and stood up. "Dad, when will you make me meet bhai? And have you talked to mom about me staying here? Is she okay with it?" she asked and he sighed. "Beta how many questions will you ask in a go? You will get your answers, please right now have food," he said.

"Dad please? Tell me? Else I won't have anything nor will I go with you for shopping," she said and pouted, he chuckled. "What did I say earlier? You have to wait for some days to meet Dev," he said. "Why? Who took him? Do you know? How do you know? Where is he?" she asked and he firmly held her shoulders. "Beta, that's what I am saying, finding him would take time meri jaan," he said. "Okay, but remember do it soon, it doesn't matter if he's my half brother because a brother is a brother, I don't have any other siblings," she said folding her arms on her chest, he nodded and caressed her hair.

"Okay bubba," he said. "And give me my full answer, have you talked to mom about me staying here? Is she okay with it?" she asked. "Yes beta, I will talk to her," he said. "What? Means you didn't talk to her? And brought me here just like that? Call her, talk to her, now," she said and sat on the bed frowning at him. He nodded and phoned Ishwari who picked it. "What's it Arjun?" she asked angrily.

"I am just telling that Alia is staying with me for some days," he said and she got shocked. "What? How dare you?" she asked. "She agreed to it, now she only wants to know if you're okay with it," he said and she sighed. "Make me talk to her right now," she said and he gave her the phone. "Hallo Alia, how's you bacha? Is everything okay?" she asked. "Mom I am fine, dad just came to the school all of a sudden and took me saying that he would make me meet bhai, but I have to wait for some days," Alia told her.

"What? Bacha give the phone to him," she said and Alia gave him the phone. "Why are you angry Ishwari?" he asked. "You were careless with Dev and now you want Alia also to go  missing? Bring her here immediately, when you didn't do anything before to find Dev, what would you do now? You're the world's worst father to separate a daughter from her mother, its just your trick to keep her with yourself that's it, I know you won't make her meet Dev, Arjun, bring her back to me," she said angrily.

Arjun kept the phone on speaker. "Alia, I am forcing police by my power to find Dev, don't you trust me?" he asked. "I trust you dad, but mom?" she asked. "Ishwari, agree yaar please, you also can't separate a daughter from her father, when I am saying I will take care of her and bring back Dev then I will bring him back, then we all will stay together like a happy family," he said. "Don't even think of it, you cheated on me once, I won't let you cheat me again, I will fight for Dev and Alia both, they both will stay with me, and you will be alone as per your karma," she said and disconnected the call. He put the phone back in his pocket.

"When did you cheat my mom?" she asked. "Beta it was a mistake," he said. "Such a mistake that broke our family, dad," she said sadly and tears rolled down her cheeks. He hugged her. "I am sorry," he said. She calmed down after sometime and he broke the hug. "Dad, did Dev bhaiya took money from you?" she asked after stifling her tears. "How did you know?" he asked.

"I heard Mauli aunty say this that Preeta aunty told her about all this, and she was telling mom," she said. Oh, so Mauli knew it already and was pretending to not know because she wanted to get the truth out of me, very cunning of her to cheat me, and she also knew Preeta and actually Preeta lived with her only, she knew about me and Preeta as well and she was protecting Preeta and hiding her giving her safe havens, but Preeta wasn't there when I went there so that means she escaped with her fiance. But when will she hide? I will find her at any cost. He thought.