Chapter 11 - The Kiss

Draco POV
After a few seconds I was pushed away. At first I thought she has pushed me away but the stunning spell and the curses that followed indicated that it was in fact a different red head yelling
"Get off my sister you slimy git! What do you think you're doing grabbing her like that?!?" Ron Weasley's face was as red as his wild mane. "Get off him Ginny you can't kiss him!"

I drew my wand and was just about to respond when Ginny surprised me by stepping in.

"RON STOP" She was visibly fuming "I can bloody well kiss who i want to kiss! You have no say in my love life!!" That stopped Ron in his tracks,

"Ron, i will speak to you back in the common room as it is i have to speak with Malfoy" she turned around and fixed me with an icy glare as she walked into an empty classroom. I took her hint and followed, leaving the still stunned Ron in the corridor. 

As we walked into the classroom she quickly cast a locking spell on the door and then turned to face me. 

"What ON EARTH WAS THAT?" she started shouting now, "HOW DARE YOU KISS ME AGAIN, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, I am not some slut you can go and kiss when you want. Explain yourself right now before i hit you with a hex which will stop you walking for a week...Malfoy" She lingered on my name highlighting the fact she was deliberately using my surname again.

I was about to defend myself with some insult about her thinking to highly of herself when i stopped myself. I liked this girl, she could actually stand up for herself and as i much as i hated to admit it, i wanted to be honest with her,

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't realise it was you, i just needed to kiss someone, anyone i needed to get my mind off-" i was about to say her name before i caught myself "-Pansy" 

She narrowed her eyes at me, clearly not convinced. 

"So let me get this straight, you kissed me before to show Pansy that you were over her and now you kiss me because you can't get over her..." She shook her head, "No, i don't buy it. Tell me the truth." She looked into my eyes with determination.

Something about her vivid hazel eyes staring up at me, not with hatred but with curiosity and confusion, made me want to just grab her and kiss her again.

Before i could stop myself i walked forward pushing her into the back wall of the classroom and leaned into her so that my forehead was resting against hers. 

"I can't get you out of my head Ginny" I murmured, speaking quickly so she couldn't interrupt me - "You're strong minded, fiercely independent, positive and...ridiculously beautiful" I was about to turn and walk away, embarrassment making me blush deeply, when I felt her lips on mine.

She was kissing me. She was kissing me. I returned the kiss eagerly and grabbed her waist  pulling her closer to me, merlin she was good at this, but just as the kiss was getting more passionate her eyes flew open and she stared and me pushing me off her. I looked into her eyes and saw the guilt, clear as day, in her eyes. Before i could say anything she ran out of the room without another word. 

Ginny POV

What had i just done. Harry was locked up in danger and I had just kissed the son of the man who had most likely been responsible for his kidnapping. 

Why had i just kissed him? That was the question which just kept going round and round in my head. 

The way he had just dropped all his guards and started talking to me completely honestly. The way he was resting his forehead on mine, looking down into my eyes with a look of what I could only describe as lust. The way his breath hitched in his throat as he called me beautiful. All of these things just made me lean forward and kiss him. 

I kissed Draco Malfoy. I almost laughed at the absurdity of it. But what a kiss it was. He definitely knew was he was doing and i got completely lost in my own world when i was kissing him. 

I stopped myself. How could i be thinking like this?! I loved Harry. I loved Harry. I loved Harry, i kept telling myself over and over trying to focus my thoughts on Harry but no matter how hard i tried, i kept thinking of Draco and that kiss. 

The guilt ripped through me as i was running through Hogwarts and eventually i sat down and crumbled. I couldn't stop the tears that came and i barely noticed when someone wrapped their arms around me and sat with me as i cried.