Chapter 9 - Don't let pride ruin you.

Draco POV
Ok. I was certain that Potter was being kept in the dungeons of the Malfoy Manor. I was also pretty certain that I could get to him. But get him out? That would be a problem. Oh well. One step at a time. My father had broken out of Azkaban and was hiding in the Manor. I knew that. The Ministry was keeping it quiet to stop people from worrying, well, that is what they told us when they came round to "search" the Manor, although I suspected that the Ministry was being, influenced, by certain wizards and so that would explain why their search was not as thorough as I would have liked.
I quickly flooded back to the Manor, as it was the weekend, the floo network to some specific houses was allowed to be opened
I was thinking about what to say to my father as I walked down the incredibly long corridor to my father's office. It seemed that I associated this corridor with dread, as I had, many a time, been summoned to his office for some awful reason or another. As I reached the door I knocked once and entered when I heard his sharp voice.
"Father"
"Draco." He greeted me with a single nod. "What is it that you wanted? I'm rather busy."
"I just heard that you were home and wanted to congratulate you on breaking out of Azkaban."
"Come now Draco. I don't have all day. Get to the point."
"I also wanted to, understand something. I heard that Potter had been captured. Thank goodness. I wanted to know if I had you to thank? The school is a much more pleasant place to be without him there."
"Indeed it is thanks to me and a few others that, that scum Harry Potter has been locked up. We do not plan to kill him yet though, you'll be sorry to hear. We plan to torture him much longer so he can pay for what he did to the dark lord."
"And then presumably you will kill him?"
"No. It is not that simple Draco! We will then use him as bait and lure out his petty followers. Hopefully some of the many blood traitor Weasleys. Only after we have killed his friends in front of him, will we finally avenge the dark lord and kill the boy."
"May I, speak to him? I want him to know. Know that I will be watching his foolish friends wander into our trap."
"If you insist. Don't let pride ruin you Draco."
"Thank you father."
"I'll take you down there now, you'll have five minutes."
He got up and led me down to the dungeons. He got to the final cell and started muttering 3 different security spells. His three favourite. I knew exactly what they were and how to reverse them. A spot of luck really. It would make it easier to get him out.
"You have five minutes. I'll leave you. If he tries anything, well, you'd best not watch. It would be, unpleasant!" And with a smirk he left.
"Potter."
"Malfoy. So...glad you could make it." He managed to stutter, clearly weak from whatever my father had done to him,
"I'll be brief." I walked over to wear he sat and whispered I his ear, "I'm going to get you out. My father thinks I'm taunting you so act the part when he returns."
"You...help me? What on earth...would make you think I'd....believe that?!" He stuttered disbelieving.
"I have my reasons. Anyway, you had better believe me because as far as I can see, I'm your last shred of hope. My father plans on torturing you and anyone else he can lure in. I'm going to stop him. If you hear from me. Do as I say."
He looked up at me, disbelief still in his eyes, but reluctantly he nodded. I suddenly heard my fathers footsteps echoing down the long corridor.
"Yes, imagine that, poor little Ginny Weasley being tortured in front of your eyes. Help me Harry! You won't be able to help her. She will die in front of you and you won't be able to do anything about it!" I let out a merciless laugh as my father walked in,
"Done Draco?"
"I think he's got the point" I said with a smirk and walked out, not waiting for my father as he muttered the spells once more, and quickly flooing back to hogwarts. Now, to find the smallest Weasley.

Ginny POV
A whole week passed since I spoke to Draco. I hoped he would be able to find out something. But he would probably only go home in the holidays so he might not be able to do something in time, I could only hope.
I wandered down to dinner slowly, a few minutes early as I had had a free last period, and I was just talking to a woman in a portrait who was crying because her husband's portrait had been removed from the opposite wall.
"It's ok, I'll ask someone if they know why, and if he could be put back, don't worry!"
It was just then that I heard a chuckle,
"Talking to the paintings Weasley? Typical." Draco Malfoy was leaning against a doorframe a little way down the corridor, I noticed how his hair seemed to glow in the evening light and how when he smiled his whole face lit up. I had to stop. I couldn't go and be attracted to Draco Malfoy!
"Come on, I have something to tell you." He smirked as he gestured the door he was standing by. I quickly bid goodbye to the woman in the portrait and walked in.
"So I flooed home the other day, and good news. Saint Potter is safe and sound. Well, by that I mean locked up in the dungeons of Malfoy Manor. But he won't be killed just yet. So I will be able to get him out. However, if I do not manage to help him escape, you must not go to him. No matter what. My father's plan is to use Potter as bait. He will make it seem like he escaped or something like that to try and lure you and your family in. But it's a trap. You have to promise me that no matter what, you won't get involved."
His face was deadly serious.
"I promise. Oh thank you Draco!!" I couldn't be more grateful! But then something struck me as slightly odd,
"But, why do you care? Why do you care if I get drawn into the trap?" I looked up into his steely grey eyes,
"No personal questions." He said and left without giving me a second glance.