Chapter 2 - What's so Funny?

Draco POV

I got up and wandered around my common room. Because I was head boy I got my own room and a shared common room with the head girl. Unfortunately, this did mean I had to share a common room with Granger. As I was thinking about how annoying and patronising she was, she stormed in and walked straight to her room, not even giving me a passing glance. This was good. I preferred her not speaking to me at all. She was a filthy mudblood after all, and so shouldn't really be speaking to me in the first place.

Just then I heard someone thumping on the door to our common room. With a flick of my wand, it opened and Blaise stumbled in,

"For goodness sake, just tell me the password!" He grumbled as he picked himself up off the floor,

"I can't, I can only tell the password to someone who both the head girl and boy agree."

I said remembering the strict rules which applied to passwords, then I thought again, "actually, no, what do I care if that mudblood doesn't want you in here? The password is wolfsbane"

He grinned as he remembered the password for future times.

"Still up for going to Hogsmead tomorrow?" I asked "Pansy can't come, although frankly, I'm glad!"

"Glad? Why are you glad? I thought you were madly in love with her?" Blaise stuttered

"Well I thought that too. But she's so clingy, I never get a moment to myself! I'm going to have to deal with her at some point" I thought about how I was going to break up with her, it was going to be hard, and I knew It didn't matter what I said, she wouldn't give up easily,

"And sorry mate, but I can't go to hogsmead with you!" He said looking guilty

"What? Alright, which girl is it?" I said, guessing he must have a new girl that he was attempting to seduce, and probably succeeding,

"Just some girl, not important really" he said brushing it off,

"Come on mate, I need you, what if I see Pansy? She's meant to be studying, but she could still be there! I can't be there on my own! Seriously, whoever this mystery girl is, she can't be that important? Just tell her you can't go!"

"Nah, sorry! Just go with someone else!" He said not backing down

In the past, Blaise always ditched girls for me, we were best mates, that's what we did. So that fact that he was refusing to ditch this girl, made me think that there was something he was hiding from me. That was when I came up with my plan. I would wait outside that gates for Blaise to come along with his girl, and then I would send inside on some urgent job that I desperately needed her to do for me, the head boy. She couldn't turn me down! And then I could go to hogsmead with Blaise, as usual!

------------------------------

Friday came and went. And soon enough it was Saturday. I quickly went round doing my duties, before changing out of my robes and into some casual clothes, and going to wait for Blaise outside the gates.

Before long he came out and waited, looking around every five minutes or so. After about 15 minutes he smiled at someone although I couldn't quite see who, but whoever she was. She was definitely not punctual. An essential quality in a girl for me. As I stepped out of my hiding place to see who it was before I sent her on her way, i was shocked. Blaise was standing there chatting to the Weasley girl! At first I thought he must be mocking or teasing her, but after chatting for a minute they started walking in the direction of Hogsmead! That was it. I was having no more of this!

"Blaise!" He turned round, and his face fell when he saw me,

"Go away Draco!" He whispered something to Ginny and she stopped and turned around with a wicked grin on her face.

-----------------------------

Ginny POV

"Go away Draco" Blaise shouted at his friend, he then turned to me,

"This is not going to go well" he then winked at me "Let's have some fun shall we?"

I turned around grinning , trying to imagine what Blaise could possibly mean.

"Blaise man! What are you doing?" Malfoy growled at him, "Of all people, the Weasley girl? Come one, even you can do better than that!"

Blaise put on a face of shock,

"Draco, she's different, she's ..." He sighed, almost too dramatically "amazing"

Malfoy rolled his eyes, now was my chance,

"Blaiseyboo? You're not going to let him insult me like that are you?" I said in my sweetest voice

"No, I am not!" He was trying his hardest to keep his face straight, "Draco, apologise to her now."

Malfoy face was a sight! The look of shock and surprise was picture worthy.

"Draco, I didn't choose to fall head of heels in love with the most beautiful girl in the entire school, but I did, so deal with it, and apologise!"

"Sorry" he grumbled, and I couldn't keep it in any more, I fell about laughing and Blaise followed suit, Malfoy's confusion was plain to see and it only made us laugh harder, and after a while we were wiping away tears.

"I don't understand, what is so funny?" He said starting to get angry,

"Don't be an idiot Draco. Weaslette is just a friend! And I'm taking her to hogsmead to cheer her up. Come or not as you choose. But if you come, remember we're cheering her up, not insulting her!" Blaise said with a grin, and the three of us trudged down the long path to hogsmead, although Malfoy stayed a metre or so behind us.