Chapter 7 - Evil Wizards

Draco POV

I didn't get up and help. I just walked out and left. I walked quickly down the halls, and I only stopped once to shout at a couple of first years for running.

"10 points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff." I yelled, and continued on, making a mental note to remember that.

Once I got into my room, I put a silencing charm on the door and screamed. I needed to let out my anger, I punched the wall repeatedly until there were a few, less than subtle, dents. What was Harry Potter doing getting caught? More importantly, why were people after him? He had defeated the Dark Lord, so why were there people still after him? I mean, obviously he still had enemies, but most of the death eaters were meant to be in Azkaban. I panicked now, I had carefully made it so that the death eaters trusted me, that was, until the final battle, where I stayed and fought against them. What would they do if they found out I was a traitor? Would they come after me? Stupid Potter. He could get himself killed! He's the only one who really scared the death eaters, without him, they would be virtually unstoppable! I mean, sure, we have some pretty damn good wizards and witches, but it was the fear that really helped us last time. The irrational fear of the 'Boy-Who-Lived' was all that stopped them going wild. Now we had nothing.
I heard the familiar thump of the door, and footsteps to my door,
"Open up Draco" a familiar voice said in a rather more serious tone than usual. With a flick of my wand the door eased open
"Hey, Draco, you ok? You just sort of stormed out!"
I groaned, I didn't want to have to explain to my best friend that I secretly wished Potter would live,
"I...I just...I'm tired." I mumbled my feeble excuse,
"I'm worried too. If Potter dies that's it. He's won. Our lives are over." I stopped and looked over at Blaise, dumbfounded.
"You...you! You?" I stuttered
"Yeah. Get over it. We're both not actually evil wizards! Woo let's have a party!" The sarcasm dropped off his tongue. And we both fell apart laughing.
It was a long night. I didn't sleep more than a few hours. I just kept turning everything over in my head. That's when I thought of it. It was obvious really...

/////
A/N - sorry it's so short!!! And sorry I haven't updated in ages! I've just been distracted with school...but I'm back now! Please please please vote and comment. If you have any ideas or criticisms!