Chapter 9

Cale wonders how long he was sitting in this chair. Thirty minutes? An hour? Or has it been half a day? He didn't know and didn't want to know.

He looks outside of the window that was beside him. It looks like a good day today… But he feels like rubbish.

He was already used to it by now. The whole residence went cold and hid their faces with pure hatred or disgust when they saw him.

It was fine because he plays as a lout. For his father and his family.

He sighs at the thought and wants to at least have a walk.

He carefully stands up but then he stops when his wound aches and just clenches on the armchair. Even so, he just forces himself again and walks slowly so he can at least be steady while going outside.

He softly groaned and panted while he was walking.

'Hurt' Cale only thought. He didn't mind it and just walked with little breaks along the way.

Then he was finally at his destination…

His mother's garden.

*COUGH* *COUGH*

Cale shakes as he puts his hand on his mouth and coughs hard because of the pain that was almost numb to him.

He looks at his hand from his mouth and sees a little patch of blood from his hand.

He sighs and wipes it off to his pants. It's a good thing that he wore black so no one knows, but does anyone worry about him? Of course not.

Then he looks at the sky.

"It's sunny today" He said softly to himself. Then tears came out suddenly.

"Why…Why am I crying?" He was confused. He thought it was because it was a sunny day today, but he never knew or no longer felt…

Any warmth inside. He's just a broken human with the never ending suffering that he was punished for.

'I should go back' Then when he was about to turn around, he heard something snap like a twig.

He slowly turns around, still has tears slowly falling and eyes have a bit of red color now.

There's a man. A familiar man that Cale met a day ago? Yesterday? Cale can't remember. But he remembered his name… Kim Rok Soo

"*Ahem* Hello, young master Cale" RokSoo said gently.

"..." Cale was silent. This is his first time that someone talks to him like that. He doesn't know what to say.

"Young master?" RokSoo calls him again with a worried face after a long silence from Cale.

"Hello" Cale finally said but it was almost like a whisper and turned his head down when he said it.

RokSoo frowns and slowly approaches Cale. Cale immediately backs away instinctively, but then he slips and just closes his eyes to the upcoming impact.

However it never came, instead he was caught by the man. He opens his eyes again.

"H-Hey, you okay?" The man asks with a little panic on his face. How odd, Cale thought.

'Why is he panicking?' Cale is confused at the man's actions.

"I'm fine…thank you" Cale said as he tried to get away from RokSoo's hold. But the man isn't letting him.

"I'm sorry for this, Young master"

"!?" RokSoo carries Cale in princess style. Cale looks at him in shock. RokSoo thought he's gonna be yelled at but no screams of tantrum were heard from the red head.