Chapter 15

In the moments of Cale's life, it was nothing but despair until he just got scared of everything.

Especially people…and more who knew about the situation he's been in for so long.

"Cale" Alver calls and he flinches. He looked up to the man who was still smiling at him.

He doesn't know what he's up to but it is never good for him since the start.

"Cale, speak" His tone gradually turns cold and emits authority. Cale immediately holds his hands together again.

"Y-Yes, Y-Your Highness?" He asks softly.

"Can you come closer?"

"I-I u-uhm…" Cale is now fidgeting his hands and shaking while looking down but that doesn't stop the prince. Instead, his hand gently like a doll made him flinch again.

"Come on. I'm not bad. It's okay" Alver hugs the shaken red head and caresses his hair.

That was the first time that Cale got touched so gently. He looked up to him who was still smiling gently.

Now Cale thinks that he is not bad.

Not scary.

Not wicked.

But, he's gentle…very gentle.

He thinks that he misunderstands him through that smile but now it makes him feel warm...and erases something. So, he looks down again and shakily leans into him more.

"There there, you're fine, don't worry" Alver said with his gentle voice and Cale sobs, making Alver's eyes widen.

"Cale? Hey…" He gently holds his chin and lifts it up to meet his teary eyes.

"Let's go inside, yeah? You'll be in my room for now as the servants prepare your room for you" Cale nods silently and Alver holds his hand again then walks slowly to his chambers while the servants get his bag.

Alver knows his health, his mind, and everything really.

He will use all of it, to protect him, as someone said that if the oldest son of the Henituse is close he will fully take the damage when he's hurt.

He will take it, he will force it, he will abuse it…

He will break it as long as that man is safe.

When they were now at Alver's room, Alver let Cale sit on the couch while he orders the servants to bring light food for him then sits down across from him.

As Alver observes him silently, it is obvious that he is small, maybe around 165 cm at best, thin, with some scars and bruises on his wrists and neck…

'Is that why they were disguising his appearance?' Alver thought and it obviously confirms it.

Then the most important thing about using him to the fullest is…his mentality that was beginning to break or is it already broken?

He smiles secretly.

'This is easy than I thought it would'

As he is about to say something to him, someone knocks on the door and he opens it. It's servant holding a tray of food for Cale.

After they place it on the table, Cale flinches as the servants look at him blankly and then goes out leaving the two of them again.

"Eat" Alver said gently while walking slowly towards him. Cale slowly nods and shakily holds a bowl of soup.

It's a bit heavy for Cale, Alver realised and took the bowl from his hands and fed him instead.

"Here" He said as he scoops up the soup and waits for Cale to open his mouth.