Chapter One

Tessa's Pov
My family ties were what I like to call. Extremely dedicated and as well strange if you didn't understand the reasoning behind it all. Targaryen and Velaryon are the closest things to pure royalty between the seven kingdoms. We can speak to dragons. We can become dragon riders. We are the closest things to the gods is what everyone likes to say. My dynamic is a little hard to wrap around in the beginning.

My father Daemon Targaryen married my mother Laena Velaryon. In hindsight she was my father's other sort of, they had me first. The first born of the many of three. Shortly after came my two sisters the twins Baela and Rhaena.

I adored my family, although it was strange at first glance. Our father loved our mother you could see that in his eyes when he looked at her, the many years they had been together could show that. And that only left the many cousins, and nephews still get to come. I was around fourteen at the time out mother carrying her fourth child.

We all were prepared for it being a boy. I could tell father was prepared for it all. I glanced up from my usual many readings for the night, smiling at the sight of my mother. Her white hair shined under the candle light.

"Mother you do know you should be resting." I scolded her quietly with a chuckle standing up leaving my book for a moment, I grabbed her hand gently urging her to sit with my on the chair. I stared at her with soft eyes rubbing at the back of her hand a couple times.

"I know my sweetness I just wanted to talk to you about some things, your father is up reading in the libraries like always." She sighed, rolling her eyes with a chuckle moving to brush back the braids from my face.

"Do you perhaps remember your cousin before we had moved from kings landing!" I found my eyes squinting in confusion tapping my fingers a few times over the table.

"Aegon? Or Halena?" She chuckled even more rubbing at her nose for a moment her eyes holding softness.

"No sweetness he is Aegon's younger brother Aemond. You two were extremely close before we moved away. You always were playing and laughing." I ranked my head a small o shape took over my lips, nodding my head quickly at her with a chuckle.

"Of course I remember him mother. He was always so quiet. He really wanted a dragon is what I remember vaguely." She nodded her head with a chuckle.

"Yes you two were the closest between everyone. I know you have always known of the tension between both houses since you were young young. And I am having certain feelings about this pregnancy it's different then with you and your sisters so I'm telling you this and in a letter as well okay." I nodded my head focusing on her to the best of my abilities.

"I do not wish to be cut open for the babe okay? Sternly enough I want a dragonriders death even if that is by fire. I'm writing this down as well so no one can deny this." Her face twisted from seriousness to sadness.

"Please take care of your sisters for me.. Be a mother figure to them like you've always been. Look after your father so he doesn't fall into madness that could very much take him. And this is by my own request. Alicent came question it seeing as it is my wish." She tilted her head down holding her hands over her bump.

"I don't want you to be in a marriage were it feels like they may force themselves to love you. Or you aren't the person they wanted at first. Which is why I think for your first marriage I know Aemond would love you, he would respect you. It not only keeps the blood line pure I know deep in my heart he would care about you like no other would." She paused to smile at me gently leaning in she touched at my chin softly.

"It's not until you both are much older but my wish is for you both to be married under your own circumstances okay? don't be saddened by this talk." I found myself wrapping her in a tight hug the best of my ability I didn't like the way she was speaking. Her arms hooked around me tightly, holding the back of my head resting her head on my own.

"I don't want you to leave mom... You're all I've had." I whispered feeling her soft motions all across my back and neck.

"I can't always be here to help you sweetness. It will be okay alright? Remember to trust what you know and to know what you need as well always." She made me look up at her holding my face in her warm hands with a soft smile.

"You and your sisters I treasure more than anything in this world. Your father as well make sure he always knows how much I love him with my heart." She leaned in pressing a deep kiss to my temple over and over in place.

Unknown to me that very day, it was the last hug I ever had gotten from my mother, the very last sound of her voice and touch reassuring me. That was the last time I was ever held by my mother while she wrote down her wishes all in form.