Interview

(A/N: Just know that this entire book, not chapter, is dedicated to the late great Jessica Walter, who passed away earlier this year.

R.I.P. Miss Walter.)

~Charlie POV~

Mallory: Mr. Lee?

I stood up to meet Ms. Archer and she seemed polite to me at first glance.

Mallory: I can see you now.

I went in her office as we shook hands. Ms. Archer seems to be in a good mood today, regardless of the interview and her son I was forced to meet.

Mallory: Drink?

Charlie: No thank you.

Mallory: Okay with that. Have a seat.

We both sat down as she seems like a nice lady, but that all depends on how I talk to her.

Mallory: So, you know why you're here?

Charlie: Yes ma'am. Your secretary Cheryl told me that you wanted to try me out, is that right?

Mallory: Usually I'm the one asking the questions but since you're new, I'll let it go. Yes, it is true. Is it also true you were CIA, Mr. Lee?

Charlie: Yes I was, Ms. Archer.

Mallory: And you are not obligated to explain the training process?

Charlie: Correct.

Mallory: Why not?

Charlie: There's a certain waiver that restricts me from explaining how the training is done. I honor it very seriously. All I can tell you is that it's at a place called "The Farm" in Virginia, and that's it.

Mallory: Understandable. Now you do know who we are and what we are capable of, right?

Charlie: Yes.

Mallory: ISIS is not your typical secret agency and there are certain rules that you must know if you join us.

Charlie: Ms. Archer, I don't claim to be a know-it-all, but I know how to work with my co-workers.

Mallory: I'm sure you do, so I'll leave them out. Anyway, here's your dossier and your first assignment will be in South Korea. We have a defector from the North that is willing to side with us in exchange with information about the communists. You and Miss Kane will be the ones to do it. If you do well, you are an official agent for ISIS.

Charlie: Thank you, ma'am.

Mallory: Please, enough of the formalities, call me Mallory. And that job is not to be done until next week, so you have time to get to know the others and talk it over with Miss Kane.

Charlie: I will, Mallory.

She smiled as we shook hands and I looked to work with Lana on this mission, for now, I have to get to know her.

I walked out as the gang was wanting to know if I got the job.

Ray: Well, did you get it?

Charlie: Not yet. I do have a mission to be done next week and my partner is—

Archer: Me! Thanks for choosing me, Chuck! I promise, you and I are gonna have a blast!

Charlie: No, Archer. It's not you, it's Lana.

Lana: Wait, what?

Charlie: Ms. Archer said you have the experience to tell me how things work in this agency.

Lana: Makes sense.

What I said was all bullshit, I wanted to make sure that Archer doesn't fuck it all up.

Plus, this should be gangbusters if can prove to that bitch of an ex-girlfriend that I can be a great agent, especially for ISIS.

Archer: Why not me? I'm the best spy apart from these people!

Charlie: Self-proclaimed. I'll believe it when I see it. For now, let's get some drinks.

We all left as we went to this bar, and, it was what I feared, Archer acted up with his drunk ass at the pool table.

Meanwhile, Lana and I got some drinks over at the bar. Well, my drink was a mocktail while hers was a regular cocktail. When I ordered mine non-alcoholic, Lana was a bit confused.

Lana: No alcohol?

Charlie: No, I just have PTSD over my drunk father. Whenever he drank, he would get riled up. I don't want to be a reflection of him.

Lana: I see you. So, how did you get into being a CIA agent?

Charlie: It's kinda cliche, as a kid, I always wanted to be one. I was always interested in spy work since I've watched James Bond growing up.

Lana: Wow, a fan of the Bond movies?

Charlie: Yeah, but regardless of how unrealistic they are, they're still pretty fun to watch.

Lana: Any favorites?

Charlie: Probably "Die Another Day", but "Skyfall" is so good.

Lana: I agree. "Skyfall" is awesome. Chuck, is it okay if we get back to the business at hand?

Charlie: Sure.

Lana: Now, with Mallory, you can probably tell she is sometimes not the kinda person you want to be around as much. She might have been polite towards you in the interview, but, she can be a bit of a bitch.

Charlie: I kinda figured.

Lana: But she can be nice when she needs to be. If there's one piece of advice I have for you, Chuck, don't cross her.

Charlie: Not a part of my agenda.

Lana: Good. That's what I wanna hear. With our mission, we're gonna have to make sure we complete it with no problem. What's the goal?

Charlie: It's simple, we help a defector from North Korea get into the States. I've been on some of these missions before and it's what I'm best at, but the fact of the matter is that we have to go undercover and not look suspicious.

Lana: What are the weapons we'll be using?

Charlie: Handheld, but silenced. We have to make sure that once this mission is done, we have to report to Mallory that it's been completed. And hopefully Archer doesn't get involved.

Lana: I hear you. Wait, I just realized something.

Charlie: Yeah?

Lana: You're not as arrogant or rude as him.

Charlie: I guess you can say that my mom raised me well. I was taught to not treat anyone like garbage.

Lana: You don't even curse!

Charlie: I just have some morals. If I'm around girls, I wanna watch what I say and keep the cursing at a minimum.

Lana: And that's good. You know, Charlie? I think we're gonna work out just fine.

Charlie: I think so, too, Lana.

Seriously, I hope Archer doesn't get involved with Lana and I's mission, especially when it's my first to show Mallory what I can do.

The only trouble was that I learned that on almost every mission Archer was and is a disaster. This guy could fuck up a cup of coffee without even trying!

Even if anyone knew how my first mission was gonna go, if they did, we'd be better off making fucking novenas.

And no matter how many novenas we can make, what will happen on this mission will be blown to every proportion imaginable, thanks to Archer.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you guys enjoyed it!)