Chapter 2

(Dipper pov)

I wake up feeling someone shaking my shoulder. I sit up rubbing my eyes, it taking me a few minutes to realize I'm on a couch in Olivia's office. She sits next to me as she hands me a cup of water.

"Did you sleep alright?"

I just shrug as I take a sip of the water. "I never really slept well before this anyway."

"Dipper, there are some things about what you've told me that need clarification."

"Like what?"

"Like why you moved across the country."

"I told you. The plan was to always come here."

"Some of the pictures on that shrine in your room, weren't from New York. Some were of you in a pine filled forest when you looked many years younger. We don't have any forests with pine trees around here. I need you to be honest with me."

I sigh softly as I look down at the cup in my hands. "....I'm sorry...."

"Just tell me the truth so I can help you."

".....I was born and raised in Piedmont California. When I started high school there, I got the feeling that someone was watching me. I neve saw anyone but I was paranoid all the time. My sister and both of our parents saw that I was on edge all the time. So I moved to a small town in Oregon called Gravity Falls. We had two great uncles there that we would visit during the summers. I stayed with them as I continued high school and everything seemed normal again. But then.....then the feeling came back."

"How long?"

"About 2 and a half years went by before I could feel myself being watched again. Then someone would call my house. Not my cell, but the home phone. They would ask for me but wouldn't say anything when I picked up. They would just breathe into the phone and hang up. If I didn't answer, they filled the answering machine with them screaming incoherent words. Then the pictures arrived. I was so stressed and paranoid I am surprised I even graduated on time."

"Why didn't you go to the police sooner?"

"I did, several times in both Oregon and California. No one took me seriously."

"So you moved here to get away from him?"

"Moving here was always the plan, I just was in more of a hurry to do so with the stalking. And it seemed to work, but then he found me again. Started sending the pictures and those letters. I was desperate to find someone to help and that's when I read an article about you catching a ring of pedophiles. Thought if anyone could help me, it would be you."

"Listen to me, Dipper. I am going to do whatever I can to find whoever this man is and put him away so he can never do these things again. You have my word on that."

"What happens now?"

"Well, me and my partner will look through the letters and pictures more for anything that can tell us who is sending them. I'll have officers on watch outside your dorm for your safety."

"And if he keeps sending me these letters? Then what?"

"Any letters you keep getting, send to me right away. Every piece of the puzzle helps."

An officer walks in with my dog on a lease. I smile as my dog comes over to me, licking my cheek as I pet him. "That's a good boy."

"What's this boy's name?" Olivia asks as she pets his head.

"Chester. My grandma's dog had some puppies a few years ago and let me keep one. Having Chester around always made me feel safer with everything. Was he hurt at all when that man broke in to put up that shrine?"

"No, it looked like he had been locked in a closet but he wasn't hurt."

"I should drop him back off at my dorm and get to class."

"Going to class at a time like this?"

"My teachers are really strict. They make a big deal of anyone who misses a single class."

"Just be careful on your way to the dorm."

"I always am." I stand up walking out of the office leading Chester on his lease but stop and turn to Olivia. "Thank you, Olivia."

"What for?"

"For believing me when no one else in your position did."

With that I leave the station with Chester.

.............................................

I finish my last class for the day, handing in an assignment to my teacher before leaving the class.

"Yo, Pines!" I turn around as my friend James comes up to me.

"What's up?"

"Big party happening tonight. You have gotta come to this one."

"I can't. I have a big test first thing tomorrow that I gotta study for."

"You really can't go one night without studying can you."

"Maybe next time."

"That's what you say everytime."

"I'll see you around man."

I wave him bye as I make my way across campus, pulling my hood up as it starts to rain. I jump slightly thunder roaring across the sky and lightening flashing brightly. I freaking hate storms. Always have ever since I was a little kid.

I get to the dorm, pushing my hood down as I get to the door. I find my keys and unlock the door stepping into the room. I reach over to the light switch flipping it a few times but the power doesn't work. "Just perfect." I mutter as I take out my phone turning on the flashlight.

"Chester, where are you?" I walk into the room, nealy tripping on something. I look down, putting a hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming in horror. On the ground in front of me lays my dog with dozens of stab wounds in his torso I feel tears running down my face as I limply fall to my knees.

"No no no!" Lightening flashes, lighting up the room and I catch a shadow behind me in the lightening flash. A shadow standing over me. I clench my keys in my hand before turning and stabbing them into the leg of who was behind me, hearing him yell in pain.

"You fucking bitch!" Dropping my phone I take off running from him. "Get the fuck back here!"

"Stay away from me!" I grab the nearest object, a book by the feel of it and throw it in his direction. I blindly try to find the door again when I feel him wrap his arms around me tightly, one hand clamped tightly over my hand and nose. I struggle, trying to scream for help unable to breathe.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. I promise that I'm not going to hurt you. Just relax and it will be all over, I promise."

My struggling gets weaker as darkness invades my vision and it all goes black.