Chapter 6

(Dipper pov)

I look towards the door hearing it open and see Bill standing there. "Hello, Pinetree. How are you doing?"

"My ankle really hurts."

"I have some painkillers that should help." He gets a pill bottle out of his pocket. I sit up as he hands them to me, swallowing them down with a drink of water from the cup on the nightstand. "Your ankle looks like it's doing a lot better though. If you're up for it, you should be good to walk around on it."

"Up for it?"

"I mean just to walk around the house. You should be perfectly fine as long as you don't put too much pressure on it."

"You would actually let me leave the room?"

"Only as long as you promise not to do something stupid like trying to run away again. I don't want a repeat of what happened on the roof. Don't need you breaking something far more important than just a sprained ankle."

"Okay, I promise."

"Great. Let's get you up."

He keeps a hand on my back as he helps me sit up. With a hand on my back and another hand holding my arm, he helps me up onto my feet.

"Remember, do not put too much pressure on it or you will just fall to the ground."

"I know, Bill."

Keeping a hand on my back, he slowly leads me out of the room.

As we walk into the living room, my eyes scan every inch of it. The oddest thing is that all of the windows are boarded up from the outside.

"Why are the windows boarded up?"

"Because the house isnt' technically mine."

"What?"

He has me sit down on the couch before he starts explaining.

"Most of the houses in this area were foreclosed by the bank. I use a generator to keep the lights on. TV doesn't get any channels but I have a lot of dvd's so I don't get bored."

"How did you even find this place?"

"I looked around for a place that I could stay in where a paper trail wouldn't lead back to me. Now you stay here and I will see what I can find for us to eat.  When I get back, we can pick a movie together. But don't worry, I know you don't like the scary ones so I will make sure it's not one of those ones."

He walks away down the hall. I look around the room again once he's gone. My eyes land on the front door. From someone as crazy as Bill, who is so determinded to keep me from running away again, I expected the door to have a lot more locks on it. There is a simple deadlock and a lock on the doorknob, but other than that no extra locks.

Why wouldn't it have extra locks? He's had to know I would try to get the fuck out of here again. Seems careless.

I look behind me making sure that he isn't coming back before I get back on my feet. Making sure not to put too much pressure on it, I make my way over to the door. I turn the doorknob opening the door. For some reason I really expected it to be locked from the other side.

Stealing one last glance behind me, I exit out the door closing it behind me.

My eyes glance up and down the street. Every other house I see is boarded up. This place really looks dead. Except for one house right across the street. It's the only house that doesn't doesn't have its windows boarded up. That is my chance.

I make my way across the street, hobbling as fast as I can with my ankle. I get to the house, banging my palm against the door.

"Hey! Is someone here? Please, I need help!"

Feeling water hit my head I look up as the rain starts falling. It starts slowly at first but in a matter of minutes it turns into a full on downpour with me standing in the middle of it.

I hit my palm on the door again and it swings open. I step into the house, locking the door just in case before I try the light switch. It doesn't work. I jump slightly as thunder booms outside. "H-Hello? Is anyone here?"

I walk into the living room but stop short, a hand over my mouth in horror. In the living room lays the decaying bodies of a couple and their two young children. The smell is so horrible, how did I not smell it before.

I back out of there, my back hitting the front door. I hear what sounds like the creepiest music coming from outside. What the fuck?

"Ding dong
I know you can hear me
Open up the door
I only want to play a little
Ding dong
You can't keep me waiting
It's already too late
For you to try and run away

I see you through the window
Our eyes are locked together
I can sense your horror
Though I'd like to see it closer"

My blood goes cold as I turn to the widnow. Lightening flashes as I see him standing there, smiling and waving at me. I scream as I fall back, scooting back away from the door. I hear him start kicking the door over and over. I scramble back up to my feet hightailing it up the stairs."

"Ding dong
Here I come to find you
Hurry up and run
Let's play a little game and have fun
Ding dong
Where is it you've gone to?
Do you think you've won?
Our game of hide and seek has just begun"

I get to the upstairs hallway as I hear the front door slam open. I hear him slowly walking through the house, coming closer to the stairs.

"I hear your footsteps
Thumping loudly through the hallways
I can hear your sharp breaths
You're not very good at hiding

Just wait, you can't hide from me
Just wait, you can't hide from me"

I open the nearest door, shutting it and locking it. I look around but the only places to hide is under the bed and the closet. Without much choice I close myself in the closet, leaning against the wall and sinking to the floor trembling in fear as I hear him outside the bedroom door.

"Knock knock
I am at your door now
I am coming in
No need for me to ask permission"

I put a hand over my mouth as I hear him come into the room.

"Knock knock
I'm inside your room now
Where is it you've hid?

Our game of hide and seek's about to end

I'm coming closer
Looking underneath your bed but
You're not there, I wonder

Could you be inside the closet?"

Tears spill down my cheeks as I hear him stand in front of the closet, knocking on it slightly.

"Ding dong
I have found you
Ding dong
You were hiding here
Now you're it

Ding dong
Finally found you, dear
Now you're it
Ding dong
Looks like I have won
Now you're it
Ding dong

Pay the consequence

Ding dong
Looks like I have won
Now you're it
Ding dong

Pay the consequence"

The closet door opens and there he stands, soaked from the rain and looking down at me.

"I-I'm s-sorry I-I-I-"

"Pinetree." He kneels down so we're eye level. "I told you one thing. And you promised." I flinch as he reaches a hand out, wiping a tear off my cheek. "But you broke that promise. Which makes you a liar. And I hate liars."

He grabs a handful of my hair, slamming my head against the wall and everything goes black.