8

"Hey, Tiny," Morin yells running up to me. "Come see the practice today?" He says in a questioning tone, he looks like he's excited today.

"Why all of a sudden?"

"Because the other day you came to watch our practice, and I did a lot better after I saw you. So, what I'm meaning to say, is I think you're my good luck charm. Honestly, my head hasn't all been there, so having some type of good luck helps. You dont have to, but I would like you to."

My eyes squint and my mouth drops open slightly.

"You look like I just offended you," He laughs, putting his hands on his hips. "Please, Tiny?"

"I hope you aren't playing with me," I give up and my head falls. "Fine. I'll go this once, but if you suck im leaving."

I know he's not going to suck. He's been doing this since we were 13, well, he was 13 I was 12. In middle school, he has very talented with his feet. They wanted him to do soccer, but he chose basketball. He was a quick learner and fit right in, it was awesome seeing him play. He uses his quick feet and reflexes, he's amazing.

"Why would I be playing with you? You suck at sports," his head leans to his right.

"That's not what I meant. You're friends with Gordon's friends, I feel like this is a trap."

"I wouldn't say, friends. We're on the same team, we have to get along or we'll rip each other's heads off during games. Anyways, I wouldn't do that to you, Tiny."

"Fine. Like I said if you suck im leaving."

"Deal," His arm goes around my shoulder and he drags me along. "I got a good feeling about you being there."

"Where are you taking me?"

"To class, duh. You're a nerd, I know you dont like to be late."

"I'm late all the time, and I'm not a nerd."

"Oh yeah, sure," He picks out his phone. "Oh, when did you text me?"

"Do you never check you're phone? Dumbass."

He grins, then adds me as a contact. "Tiny Nerd" is my name, I scoff.

"What, you got something better?"

"Yeah, try my actual name."

"like you used my actual name? I know im in there as Moron."

"How do you know that?"

"I know you. You've been calling me that since our last day of middle school."

I stop.

"You remember me from middle school?"

"Only recently, I realized it was you about 3 months ago maybe. You changed a lot, dare I say it, you got good-looking. You were an ugly kid, had a high-pitched voice too," he send a me a very obvious smile, showing he's joking, "not to mention, you were also really fucking Tiny. When you called me Moron a few months ago I realized it was you. Did you also change your hair? It's darker than it used to be?"

I stare blankly, surprised. He laughs and grabs my hand, dragging me down the stairs.

"Skip class with me, let's catch up," He pushes us under the stairs.

"You are crazy."

"I know, you love it though."

"No, I dont. I'm a good kid, I dont skip class," I step out from under the stairs.

"Come on, Tiny. Please?"

I sigh and sit. He pulls my body back under the stairs, into his body. He's grinning like a child, I can't hide my smile either as I scoot over.