chapter eleven

it had been two days — it was now tuesday — since they two had snuck out to get their slushies and what not, and they hadn't seen much of eachother since. their schedules were filling up thanks to finals. bruce knew it hadn't really been long, but he missed vance. they hadn't hung out at all. sure, they sat with eachother at lunch, but it was different than their one-on-one hang outs. bruce figured they'd get to hang out again more after finals. he was currently on his way back to the dormitory building. he lets his mind wander. maybe he could see if vance wanted to see a movie this weekend? yeah, that was a good idea. he smiles to himself. he would text the other later. maybe afterwards they could —
his train of thought was wrecked when he ran into someone. "oh shit, i'm so sorry—" he looks to see who he ran into and, unfortunately, it was a familiar face. the boy vance had fought. he shoves bruce harshly, knocking him onto the ground. "hey! what the hell was that for?" he glares up at the other boy, who smirked down at him, he crosses his arms. "so, you're vance hopper's boyfriend now, or what?" he scoffs. "wh-what?" bruce shakes his head. "no- i-its not like that." he didnt like the look he was getting from all three of boys, nor the fact he was outnumbered, and especially the fact he didn't know how to fight.
"we're just friends, okay? whats it matter to you, anyway?" bruce raises a brow. "you got a crush on him or something?" he chuckles, but that earned him a smack to the face. shit, this was not going to end well for him. the next twenty minutes were a big blur. he remembers getting punched, and then things started to go black, but he could definitely still feel the punches — or kicks, he wasn't sure — he was receiving. he remembers hearing vance's voice, and then the pain stopped, but after that, everything went black.
            ————————————
    vance was worried sick. bruce still hadnt woke up, and he couldn't help feel like this was all his fault. if he had never fought that boy, then he wouldn't have held a grudge, and he wouldn't have taken it out bruce. he didn't just feel like this was his fault, he knew it was his fault. he got bruce hurt. shit. he couldn't be around bruce anymore, he was getting him hurt. he was putting bruce in danger. this was all his fault. he should've thought about this. he should've thought about bruce. god, why was he so fucking selfish? if he would've just thought about someone other than himself, then none of this would happen. then it hit him, he knew what he had to do. as much as he fucking hated the thought, he had to do it for bruce.
    bruce slowly opens his eyes, starting to wake up. "jesus fuck-" his head felt like it had been smacked with a hammer. vance immediately piped up. "bruce! oh, thank god you're awake. how are you feeling?" bruce rubs his head. "ah.. alright. my head hurts like a bitch, though." he laughs dryly. "yeah, i bet.." vance frowns, setting his hand on top of bruce's. "look, uhm, i have something that i need to talk to you about." bruce raises a brow. "eh? whats up?" vance swallows thickly, looking at bruce. a sad smile spreads across his lips, and he moves his hand away from the other's.
    "i.. i dont think we should talk anymore." bruce eyes widen. "wh-what?! are you serious? you cant be serious- vance- what? this is so random- you cant- we cant-" he stutters out, tears starting to prick at his eyes. vance looks away. he cant stand to look bruce in the eyes while he does this. "you heard me." he stands up. "we shouldn't be friends anymore. we shouldn't talk anymore." he clenches his fists, tears start form in his eyes own eyes. "vance, what? why? but- i'm sorry. please- i'm sorry, i didnt mean to do anything- i'm sorry if i did something, im sorry-" he frantically apologizes. he couldn't lose vance. he couldn't.
    vance clears his throat, then turns to look at bruce again. "whats it matter anyway? its not like we were dating. we were just friends." he scoffs. god, that hurt vance to say, and that hurt bruce to hear. "vance, please-" bruce says, tears starting to fall down his cheeks. vance turns his back to bruce again. "this really is for your own good, bruce. you'll find someone better than me, i promise. someone worth your time. someone who deserves you. anyone who's not me. i'm.. i'm sorry." he says before leaving the room, and leaving bruce sitting there in shock. what just happened? vance didnt want anything to do with him, that's what happened. fuck. he pulls his knees up to his chest, burrying his face in his hands.
     he lets the tears fall, sobbing softly. what did this stupid universe have against him? why couldn't he be happy for five god damn minutes? this was so unfair. what did he ever do to deserve this? he was so stupid to think vance actually liked him. who would like him? he was a loser. a pathetic loser who was crying in the nurses office over a boy. why did he always mess everything up? he really thought vance liked him. he really thought this one thing could work out. but it couldn't, of course. what an idiot move to think it would. he wipes his eyes, but it was pointless.
    everytime he did so, more tears just fell. it was getting hard to see through the tears. he really thought that he had found his person. he cries quietly into his hands, pulling his legs impossibly closer to himself, he wasn't sure why, but he thought that would offer some sort of comfort to him. it didnt. he wanted vance to hold him. that would offer comfort. but vance wasn't here to hold him. infact, vance was the whole reason he needed comfort now. he clenches his fists up into balls. he wanted to be angry. he wanted so badly to be angry at vance. he wanted to hate him. but he couldn't. no matter how much he wanted to.
     he couldn't. because he still loved vance, and that wouldn't just go away.
——————————————————
word count: 1,101
sorry guys i was just in a really silly goofy mood ha ha ha !! 😂🤣