chapter thirteen

months went by painfully slow for bruce. he felt like his life wasn't going to get better, and he desperately missed vance. but eventually, he started to feel better. it took a little while of course, but he found peace. he made new friends. on the bright side, he was able to focus on school more now. sure, maybe throwing himself into his studies wasnt the best coping mechanism, but it worked. he still saw vance around the school of course, every now and then one of them would wave, but they never talked. he still sometimes hung out with finney or robin, but being around them still kinda hurt because they reminded him of vance. actually, a lot of things reminded him of vance.
      but that was okay. he enjoyed his time with vance, and he would never forget it, even if he sometimes wanted to. he was okay with that, though. he was grateful to have the memories, because he had really enjoyed his time with vance. every day he still wished to talk to vance, of course, but he knew that he shouldn't. he knew it was better for both of them. he found himself spending his days in the cafe where they had met, it brought him comfort — plus, it was a good place to study — and today was one of those days. he orders himself a coffee, as usual, before heading over to a booth and sitting down. he didn't usually sit in the same spot, but ironically, this was the exact spot where he had met vance.
     he sits down with his laptop, opening it. he picks up his coffee to take a drink and then starts on the schoolwork. it didnt take him long to zone out and go into his own little world. although, a familiar voice wrecked his train of thought. "hey." he looks up, meeting the gaze of the other person. "hi." he couldn't stop a small smile from making its way onto his face. "i'm vance, what's your name?"
"bruce." he answers. "mind if i take a seat?" he asks. "i dont mind." bruce replies. "cool, cool." he sits down across from from bruce. the other boy gets his own laptop out, starting on his schoolwork as well. bruce brings his attention back to doing his work, but he couldn't get rid of the huge smile on his face.
    so that's all they were, a silly cliche. maybe, in another universe, things were different. unfortunately, that wasn't the case. but, that was okay. bruce couldn't lie, he still thought vance was cute, but maybe things were better this way.
            they were just a little cliché.
——————— the end. ———————
word count: 463
and that folks, brings us to the end of our little cliché.