Chapter 1

No One's POV:

Kara gently grabs the cat from the tree before levitating down to the ground and gently hands it over to a little boy with glasses.

"Thanks, Supergirl," he says in awe and hugs her leather clad leg making Kara smile softly down at him while rubbing his back gently.

"No problem, kid. You have to keep a better eye on Mr. Snuggles, ok?" She softly tells him after he pulls away to pet his orange cat.

  He nods while pushing up his glasses making Kara smile softly at him before backing away and launches into the air, flying back towards CatCo.

  She lands on her boss's ledge and quickly changed into her normal clothes then walked into her office where Cat looks up from her paperwork.

"What was it this time?" Cat asks signing her signature on the bottom of the paper before setting it to the side on her desk.

Kara fixes her glasses and her ponytail. "Stopped a robbery at the jewelry store then a little boy's cat got stuck up a tree at the park," she explains straightening out her light blue v-neck shirt.

  Cat takes off her glasses with a hum and looks up at her, "Supergirl at her finest," she smiles softly at Kara who flushes at that, "good job. Although I'm sorry to inform you that Snapper just came in a few moments ago asking for you about the interview you're supposed to have with Miss Luthor at lunch. I told him that you had to take a personal call because your sister's girlfriend was shot at from the robbery. If you're not up for it though, I can send Jim-."

  "No, I can do it! I-I mean I have no problem going, Miss Grant," Kara quickly says blushing slightly and wipes her hands on her jeans. Cat raises an eyebrow at her with a slight smirk.

  "Ok then. Take a long lunch so you can enjoy your lunch and have enough time to interview Miss Luthor, Kara. Off you go," she announces still keeping the smirk on as she puts her glasses back on and goes back to her paperwork.

   Kara nods even though she's confused by her boss's behavior. "O-kay. Would you like me to get you something before I go?" She says with a confused smile and tilts her head slightly.

   "No thank you, Kara. Jasmine is already getting me something from Noonans," Cat responds with a wave of her hand.

  Kara nods, "ok. Have a good lunch, Miss Grant. See you later." She walks out of the office and towards her own where she grabs her blazer that she puts on and grabs her notepad with her favorite pen.

She heads out of her office where she runs into Snapper. "Ponytail, there you are. Hope everything is ok with your sister's girlfriend but don't forget you have an interview with Miss Luthor," he announces with a grunt and she nods while pushing up her glasses.

"Yes sir. Everything is fine. Miss Grant already informed me about the interview and she says to take a long lunch so I can get as much time to eat and interview Miss Luthor," Kara informs him making him squint his eyes at her before rolling his eyes with a grunt.

  He nods, "right. Well then you need to go now." He turns around and leaves her staring after him before she turns and heads to the elevator.

Kara presses the button and climbed in then pressed the lobby button. She pulls out her phone and selects Lena's contact. ☺️Emerald Beauty💚

   It rings twice before connecting. "Hey, Kara! How are you doing?" Her smile turns into a lovestruck one as she hears Lena's voice.

"Hey, Lena. I'm doing fine well great actually. We still on for lunch?" Kara softly questions as the elevator doors open and she steps out of it then begins walking out of the building.

"Of course we are. I already have take out on the table waiting for us and yes I got you potstickers," Lena responds chuckling as she hears Kara whoop through the phone.

"A woman after my heart. I'll be there in a jiffy," she says in awe and heads towards an alley way to change quickly.

Lena giggles, "ok, I'll see you soon, Kara. Bye." Kara softly says her goodbyes before hanging up. She makes sure no one can see her then flies into the air and towards Lena's building.

She lands in the alley and spins quickly changing into her normal clothes and put on her glasses before walking out. Kara opens the glass door and walks into the her friend's building where a few workers wave hi at her.

   They're used to the blonde reporter showing up at lunch time to have lunch with their boss. Kara pressed the elevator button and waited a few seconds then it opens and she walks in.

   Humming happily to a song Kara watches the numbers climb and stop at the top floor where her best friend is located.

  She steps off the elevator and says hi to Jess before knocking on Lena's office door. "Come in," Lena calls out barely finishing setting up the food on her small table.

Kara walks in with a bright smile and instantly as Lena lays eyes on her a smile works it's way on her lips. "Kara hey. I just finished up with the food. Come sit,"she softly announces and gestures to the chairs.

   "Hey, Lena. How've you been?" Kara softly says as she walks over giving her a gentle hug that Lena practically sinks into, loving the feel of her best friend's arms.

Kara's POV:

I smile to myself when Lena sighs happily but tiredly as well. "Exhausted but happy now that you're here," she spoke up softly as she pulls away to give me a smile.

I blush slightly at that but raise an eyebrow, "have you been staying late to work, Lena?" Her lips pursed and she looks down like I caught her which I did.

I sigh heavily, "Lena Luthor, what have I told you about doing that? You can get sick from not getting enough rest. Have you at least eaten in those times?"

    She sheepishly nods making my lips press into a firm line as I squint my eyes at her. "After we eat lunch, you little missy are gonna take a nap and I'm staying to make sure you get enough rest," I sternly tell her gently poking her side making her reel back with a giggle.

So she's ticklish there. I'll store that information for later use. "Why Ms. Luthor are you ticklish?" I question and smile mischievously.

  Her eyes widen and she backs up, "don't even think about it, Kara." I raise my hands in surrender with a grin.

  "I used to hate getting tickled by my sister so I wont do it to you. I promise I won't, Lena," I reassure her making Lena sigh in relief with a smile that dims when I say one word, "maybe."

   I chuckle as she gives me a playful glare while a beautiful smile graced her lips. "Now I know you're ticklish as well, Kara. So be careful from now on, on how you choose to use my ticklish spots," she raised a perfect eyebrow at me.

I nod frantically trying to distract myself from how hot she is. God I got it bad for my best friend and she doesn't even know it.

"Let's eat. I'm sure you're starving," she announces making me nod frantically while hurrying over to my chair and Lena laughs that beautiful laugh that just lights my entire being on fire.

   "Potsticker me, woman," I exclaim making grabby hands and she laughs while handing me the container. I give her a goofy grin then put some on my plate.

After we serve ourselves some food we begin eating and talking about random things but also not random things. Anything Lena tells me, I listen to it very carefully.

Hope you enjoy
Sorry for any mistakes
Comment and vote
Have a good day or night
Peace out ✌🏼