Chapter 2

Lena's POV:

   I finished my food and closed the container that contained the little bit of my kale salad which to my best friend is the grosses salad ever to be made.

   "Honestly Lena, I don't know how you can eat that. Gross," Kara says with her nose scrunched up in disgust but I find it so adorable.

I scoff playfully and softly kick her on the leg getting a cute pout from her. "Abuse, Lena. I don't know why I put up which such disrespect," she jokes and I squint my eyes at her.

"Cause I'm too likable. Ha," I respond and stick out my tongue at her making her do the same back.

  I giggle and grab my water to take a sip. "I don't see how you can eat that and be so in shape. If I ate that I would gain weight. Kale's good for you," I tell her and she shakes her head firmly.

"I think you're crazy for saying that. Eating good food is good for you," she quips with a grin and I playfully roll my eyes with a giggle then kick her again.

Kara leans forward with her eyebrow raised. "You have one more time to kick me and if you do, you'll pay the consequences, Lena," she warns wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh really?" I challenge with my eyebrow raised as I stare into her beautiful blue eyes. She nods with a hum and I smirk before kicking her again.

She gasp offendedly and jumps up. "That's it! You've unleashed the tickle monster!" She declares in a goofy tone making my eyes widen in panic before shooting out of my chair to run away.

Luckily I kicked off my heels when we started eating so I can run easily. "You can run, Lena, but I'll still catch you," Kara announces as she runs after me.

  I laugh as I run around my office. I've never felt so carefree in my life and it's only with Kara. We run around the office a few times before she caught me against my desk.

"I caught you," she cheers as she softly runs her fingers across my stomach making me jerk away with a laugh.

  "Oh god! Stop, Kara!" I laugh and squirm as her fingers crawl all over my stomach. She laughs softly and pulled away then set her hands on the sides of me.

So basically trapping me against the desk. "You have a beautiful laugh," she breathes out with a smile and I blush under gaze.

"So do you," I softly respond and watch with anticipation as she leans closer a bit while connecting eyes.

Her mouth opens slightly and her tongue licks her dry lips a bit. Good lord that tongue looks heavenly. "Lena," she quietly calls out.

"Yes?" I whisper just as quietly like if either of us spoke any louder it might ruin the whole thing that's going on here.

"May I kiss you?" Kara whispers as her hand removes itself from my desk to softly cup my face. My heart begins to flutter at the possibility of feeling her lips against mine.

"Yes," I answer with a smile and the corner of her mouth lifts as she leans in then pressed our lips together.

I sigh wistfully into the kiss and my hands reach out to set themselves onto her firm stomach. Did I mention how fit Kara is?

It's unbelievable. Our lips move in sync with each other. Hopefully this isn't a dream. Not that I dreamed of this happening. Okay fine maybe I did.

Can you really blame me? This Kara Danvers for christ sake. We pull away for air and leaned our foreheads together.

"That was amazing. Even then the word amazing doesn't even suffice to it," Kara breathes out and I giggle while moving my hands to cup her strong jaw.

"I've waited for you to make a move, Supergirl," I softly announce and her body goes rigid as her eyes widen in panic.

She pulls away, "I'm so sorry! I was planning on telling you, Lena! I swear I was! I was just scared on how you would take it. And I don't mean that in the way you may think. Anyone who knows becomes an easy target to my enemies. And I can't bare the thought of you getting hurt because of me. I-I shoul-."

   I cut off her rambling by pressing a finger to her lips. "I know you don't see me as my brother and mother, Kara. We all have the rights to our own secrets. And really a pair of glasses may fool everyone else but I'm far too smart for my own good," I gently reassure her and pull my hand away to gently pull off her glasses revealing her entire identity.

I slid them into the neck of her shirt to hang from the leg. "I may not be indestructible like you but I can take care of myself. But I also know for a fact you missy wont let anyone go near me," I continue in a soft tone as my hands slide up her broad shoulders to gently clasp behind her neck.

"They will have to get me completely immobile for them to get to you. No one will even touch a single strand of your hair without a knuckle sandwich," she firmly declares before winking at the end making me giggle.

I shake my head and lean up to peck her lips. "Soo this means you like-like me? Or is it normal for best friends to kiss like this?" I retort raising an eyebrow with a teasing grin.

   She gets a thinking look and hums. "Mm I don't know. I've never kissed Winn like this," she teases getting a scoff from me and a playful glare.

"I've liked you for awhile. Since the first moment I saw you, I knew you would change my life for the better," she continues with a soft chuckle and set her hands on my hips.

   My gaze softens at her words. "As have I. You certainly changed my life, Kara Danvers," I respond and gently caressed her neck.

  She grins cutely and leans forward to press a soft kiss on the tip of my nose. "Miss Lena Luthor, would you do me the honor of going out to dinner with me today?" Kara asks grinning that adorable grin of hers at me.

   Like I would even think of saying no to this woman. "I would love too, Kara," I answer softly when a smile.

   She beams in happiness and leans forward to press our lips together one more time that has me sinking into the kiss with my eyes fluttering close.

   She really knows how to kiss a girl. I feel her hands move to my back and pull me in close. I sigh happily into her mouth before pulling away for air.

Something tells me, she can go longer than I can. Well she is Supergirl. "Don't think I forgot about you needing some sleep, missy. Come on," Kara softly tells me and removes her arms from around me then set a hand on my back to begin guiding me towards the couches.

"Really, Kara. I'm fine. I don't need a nap," I tried protesting but the firm hand on my back kept pushing towards the couches.

She hums, "Mm hm, the tiredness in your features beg to differ. Come on, Lee. We can even put a timer on but you need some sleep. Please for me?"

Don't look, don't look. Damnit I looked. Kara has that adorable pout on her lips and oh it's so precious. I whine softly and sat down on the comfy couch.

"Fine! You know I can't say no that thing. That's another one of your secret power," I grumble at the end getting a victory smirk from the blonde.

   "I don't know what you're talking about, Lena. But can I just say you look adorable when you're trying to be grouchy," she quips as she took a seat on the other side of the couch.

I stick my tongue at her getting a chuckle from the blonde and I crawl over. "You're way too far from me," I say as I lay my head on her lap.

She chuckles softly and began running her fingers through my hair soothingly. "Forgive me, princess. For I should have known what you wanted," she replies and I playfully roll my eyes while pinching her thigh.

   "Mm- a queen," I mutter tiredly as I close my eyes letting the tiredness take over. The last thing I heard was her chuckling before I sink into darkness.

Hope you enjoy
Sorry for any mistakes
Comment and vote
Have a good day or night
Peace out ✌🏼