XLII

[Instagram]

Liked by laiaadella and 301 othersnastiakahlila Sugar, spice, and everything nice

nastiakahlila Sugar, spice, and everything nice. 📸 Andy
laiaadella 🔥
harissonklein *extra rice

~

A slow rendition of a familiar song began to play. Nag-umpisa na rin sila sa pagpapasahan ng garter. Ang bilis-bilis pa nilang magpasahan na para bang pasong-paso sila doon. Nika figured that the DJ noticed it, too. May ilan din kasing groomsmen ang napapatingin sa gawi niya, inaabangan kung kailan pahihintuin ang kanta.

But instead, the DJ went to his phone and the participants seemed to relax a bit. The game was prolonged and the suspense began to dissipate, until the minimal pauses on the song seemed like it was the cue that the music stopped.

Ang daming natatawa sa audience. Everyone seemed anxious about the game.

But not Kenzo. Certainly not him.

For some reasons, he knows that he can do it. It's actually beneficial if he'll be the one to do it with Nika.

He unconsciously looked around to search for her in the crowd. Which wasn't hard to do so. She was tall, and she was the only one wearing a black dress among the ladies.

Sakto namang nagtama ang mga paningin nila. Nika has her eyes on him, too. And her lips curled up the moment their gazes met.

It's as if their eyes could talk, but they definitely understood each other.

Nika gave him a nod the very instant the DJ put the music to a stop.

"Iyo 'yan! Single ako wala akong partner," the man said, raising his hand when Kenzo was handing him the garter.

Everyone laughed. Cheering for him, "It's okay, Marcus, I bet there's someone single out there na puwedeng maging partner mo," Lily said.

"Hindi, ayaw ko! Nakay Kenzo 'yong garter. Siya may hawak kaya siya taya," sabi no'ng Marcus.

"Why taya? He's actually the winner," Lily said, chuckling before turning to Kenzo.

"Kenzo, you have the garter. What do you say?" tanong ni Lily sa kanya. "Is it yours or Marcus'?"

"Mine. I win," he said confidently.

Good boy, Nika whispered.