CXII

Part 112

She has been secretly glaring at him in the passenger seat.

Kanina pa. Kaninang-kanina pa siya naghihintay at nag-aabang kay Mikenzo.

But he's not making any moves to claim the kisses he kept on asking for. Every time he puts his hand on top of her thigh, anticipation only builds in her stomach for it to die down.

So when she sensed that he's about to put his hand on top of her thigh, she placed her clutch bag on her lap instead. Making no room for him.

Nika rolled her eyes.

Wala pa akong kiss, kaya wala ring karapatang humawak sa hita ko. She glared once again.

Five minutes.

There were still five minutes left until they arrive. But those remaining minutes ran out the moment he pulled up in front of their driveway.

Wala talaga. Ni hindi man lang umabot sa five minutes.

"Good night, Nika," he said with a smile on his face.

But okay, to his defense, ang luwag ng daan at wala ring traffic kaya mabilis kaming nakarating sa bahay.

"Okay. Good night," Nika replied shortly, unbuckling her seatbelt.

Sinubukan niya pang bagalan kasi baka may huling hirit si Kenzo.

But he just watched her remove the seatbelt.

She clicked her tongue.

Okay so kahit halik sa noo wala? pagngingitngit niya sa kaloob-looban.

Fine! 'Di naman ako 'yong hingi nang hingi kahapon.

Nika opened the door. "Ikaw na bahalang magsara nitong pintuan, ha? Baka mabagsak ko, e." She paused.

"Nakakairita ka pa naman," she said underneath her breath before going out.

She didn't want to stomp her feet, but she was struggling to key the lock of their gate.

What she didn't know was he knew the reason why she was grumpy, and he was secretly enjoying it.

All of it.

Kenzo got down of his car, closing the door behind him. She couldn't help but look over her shoulder when she heard his footsteps.

Mas lalo siyang napaismid at nataranta sa pagbubukas ng gate nila.

But Kenzo caught up to her even before she could go inside and lock him out. His hand went over her waist, slowly traveling to her navel.

He leaned. "I didn't forget," he said closely to her ear. His warm breath grazed on her skin, easily sending a shiver down her spine.

Tang ina 'yong tuhod ko, she hissed.

And it's as if his voice was enough to melt her away.

Naiinis nga ako, e! pagngingitngit ni Nika.

But she just lost it when Kenzo planted a soft kiss at the back of her ear.

Mariin siyang napalunok.

No. Ako 'yong nanliligaw dito, 'di ba?

Despite the churning in her stomach, Nika reminded herself of who was truly in charge.

And with a simple heave of a breath, she managed to get a grip of herself.

His hand never left her waist even when she decided to turn to face him. Just so their eyes could meet.

And just so she could kiss him. Easily.

Nika snaked her arms around his neck, tipping her toes a little to give him a peck on his cheek.

Then to the other. On the tip of his nose.

To his cheek again. Tiny kisses trailing slowly, little by little to the edge of his lips.

Teasing.

Hindi lang ikaw ang marunong mang-asar, Mikenzo.

"Good night, Sir," she said with a grin playing on her lips.

She was supposed to detach from him when his grip on her waist tightened.

It didn't even take a second for him to seal her lips with a kiss.

Properly.

But Nika wasn't obliging.

Naiinis pa rin siya. "Enough, Miko."

"Hmm? Why?"

Her brow arched along with the grin she has on her face. "Hindi naman tayo 'di ba? Ganiyan lang dapat ang kiss pang manliligaw. 'Di nga dapat lips to lips, e."

He smiled when he caught her rolling her eyes again.

"Abuso ka," pahabol ni Nika.

But he pretended as if he didn't hear anything from her. Instead, he leaned in once more to claim his kisses.

She was surprised, but at the same time, she was waiting for it too. One of her hands went up to the back of his head just so she could ball his hair in her fist, and so she could kiss him more.

She angled her head so he could kiss her better.

Because she could finally taste it now. The satisfaction she was craving a week ago.

The traces of sweet double whiskey lingering in his mouth. She nibbled on his lower lip and a soft gasp escaped his lips.

She smiled.

Not once he have ever imagined himself making out with a woman in front of a driveway. Under the soft light coming from the lamppost a few meters away from them.

But here he was, kissing her just outside her house. And he didn't even care if anyone else would see.

Because the truth was, he was waiting to kiss her like this again ever since the wedding. For the second time.

He was craving for her too.

Just as the same.