Chapter 11: Gate of Babylon

Challenges come and go, but the journey continues.

2 weeks have passed since the attack on the S.S Oceana, meeting Melia, Ren and Venam, fighting against Team xen and finally taking on the Aevium gym challenge.

The brown-skinned boy had grow through all the hardship and finally become a true trainer.

Evenings in Sheridan village were cold so Ray walked into a huge building on the right side.
As he stepped foot in the Cherry blossom inn, he was greeted by the Elder of the village, a strict old lady.

"Boy, seems you've had a bit of a solo adventure, Aelita's upstairs packing what you'll both need for tomorrow's journey, it would be wise to join her up there" Eldest said sternly.

"Sure thing Granny!" The boy said happily and marches upstairs.

Eldest took a glance at his back and thought to herself (I sure hope they'll be okay out there).

Upstairs
Aelita is packing the essentials into her pink backpack, such as healing items, fruits, protein bars etc.

The lilac haired girl then turns to a Kirlia, picks it up, then proceeds to hug it tightly.

That doll was a gift to her from her late father Keta.
She was nervous about leaving the place she was born in, and venturing into the unknown.

'Rat-tat-tat' the sudden knocking on her door brought her back to reality and she opened it.

Ray smiles at the sight of his new friend and soon to traveling companion as he was allowed through the door.
"Hey, how are you doing?" Asked the brown-skinned boy.

"Yeah... Just packing up for tomorrow, got the directions memorized... But... I can't shake the feeling, something bad gonna happen on journey..." Aelita spoke her mind.

Ray knew exactly how she felt, it was the same way he felt when he was separated from Nancy.

"Don't sweat it, from now on, I'll have your back, and you'll have mine, together we'll show the world what we're made of!" Yelled Ray, the power in his voice touched Aelita's heart once again, filling her with confidence.

"Hai! Look out world! Ray and Aelita are gonna rock yah!" The girl smiled widely and proclaimed.
The two then continued to pump each other up until they both got sleepy, Aelita stayed her bed while Ray stay in her room to comfort her and decided to sleep on the couch there.

"Nighty night Ray" the lilac haired girl said softly.

"Sleep tight Aelita, we've got a long journey ahead of us" said Ray already drifting in dream land.

As the two friends slept off, not so far away underneath Gearan city in the abandoned sewers, a bright light appeared supernatural out from one of the sealed doors, the event shook the entire city as if it was an earthquake....
THE MADNESS BEGAN...

The next day

Ray awoke from his slumber and yawned, walking downstairs he sees both Aelita and Eldest looking shocked by something playing on the television in the parlor.

"Ray... The news..." Aelita said solemnly.
He's attention was now on the News.

After a catchy jingle, a blonde woman wearing glasses in a blue denim jacket was reporting news about a strange occurrence in Gearan.