Part 7

Tubbo sat there Trying to calm himself as Tommy braided his hair. Soon they were going to escape and be free and feel the wind on their skin. Tommy kept braiding. Toms had been there from the start. Ever since Tubbo's parents had been killed, they weren't related, but when Tubbo had been wandering alone, Tommy had found him and taken him in as his brother. He said that his father had been taken by humans and that he had never gotten to meet him and he had lost his mother in a forest while they had been picking berries. They had a bond, closer than any brothers could have. All they had was each other. 

But then Tubbo met Ranboo. He actually had made a second present for him. It was a locket, and when you opened it there was two pictures. One was a picture of Ranboo, and the other said 'Ranboo my beloved'. Tubbo was quite proud of it. Ding, ding, ding, ding. Tubbo leaped to his hooves. "Time to go get Ranboo." Tom nodded, walked over to the door, and placed his ear on the door to listen for any humans. 

Tubbo went over to the wires that were hooked up to the alarm and studied them once more. There were three wires, all twisted into one. They ran up the doorway and into a little red box near the ceiling. Tubbo looked over at Tommy. "Give me a lift?" he asked, and Toms walked over and hoisted Tubbo on his shoulders. Tubbo reached over and held up the screwdriver he had stolen. He carefully unscrewed the box from the wall and let it fall into his hands. "Got it!" he whisper-shouted. Tommy set him down and went back to his spot at the door. Tubbo looked at where the wires attached to the box and cut the one that ran into the bottom. 

Nothing happened, so he cut the next one. Tubbo had guessed this would happen. If you had no experience with this kind of thing, you would just cut all the wires at once. But that would set it off immediately, so you would have to cut it one at a time, and avoid the wire that would set it off. After Tubbo had cut the two wires, Tubbo started unscrewing the back to reveal batteries. Tubbo stifled a laugh. Of course, they would use batteries. He carefully took them out, and the alarm was disabled. "Let's go," Tubbo said. Tommy nodded and started to pry the door open. 

It opened with a slight creak, and they started down the winding hallways to find Ranboo. They walked for what seemed like forever before they finally got to Ranboo's door. Tom knocked on the metal door and whispered "hey, Ranboob! We're here!" while Tubbo was figuring out how to disable the alarm from the outside. There seemed to be a wire that ran along the ceiling that went to Dream's office. If he cut that, it would disable the noise signal. "Tom, can you lift me up there?" Tubbo pointed to the wire and Tommy studied it. "I can try, but I make no promises." in the end, Tubbo had to stand on Tommy's shoulders to reach. 

As Tubbo snipped the wire, the alarm on the other side of the wall made a bloop noise, as if it wanted to go off, but couldn't. Tubbo got off Tommy's shoulders and went to the door. "Ran! The alarms are off! Open the door!" Tubbo said. The door opened and Ranboo stepped out. He had bags under his eyes, suggesting that he had never stayed up this late before. "Alright, let's go," he said in his somewhat deep voice. Tubbo hugged him. "We're going to be free," he said, hope swelling up inside him. They really did it. Not yet, we still need to get outside, Tubbo thought. "C'mon," Tommy whispered. "Let's go." Tubbo followed Tom with Ranboo right behind him. 

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. 

They had to get out quickly. At 1:00 AM, night-shift guards would be out. They had thirty minutes. As they neared the front door, Tubbo saw another alarm. It was attached to the door so it couldn't be opened. But unlike the other two, no matter what you did, it would go off if you even touched it. That meant no cutting wires or removing batteries. "Uh oh. That's bad." Tubbo whispered. "Fuckin' hell. We were so close." Tommy cursed. Ranboo looked like he was thinking hard about something. "What is it?" Tubbo asked. Ranboo looked at Tubbo and said "I...think...I could maybe...teleport us?" Toms gasped. "Really? I thought you could only do that when you got all weird." Ranboo winced but nodded. "But isn't it worth a try?" Tubbo nodded. "Let's do it."