Lacuna

Lucius read over the letter with varying degrees of amusement, much to Severus' annoyance.

"Please, Lucius, if you could stop smirking, I came to you for your input," Severus remarked, tone flat and unamused.

Lucius chuckled, placing the letter on the desk before him. He stood from his chair and walked over to the small table near his window that held three glasses and a whiskey decanter. Pouring a finger of whiskey into two glasses, he passed one to Severus and kept the other for himself.

"It would seem that Minerva has decided to take matters into her own hands. Only time will tell whether that will be a good thing, but I believe we would all benefit if she knew of Hyacinth's... story," Lucius observed, returning to his seat behind the desk.

Severus sighed before voicing his concerns, worry painting his features, contorting the usually sallow, stern face into something more human. 

"How do I know she can be trusted with that information? She has worked under Dumbledore for nearly twenty years. How do I know that this isn't one of his tricks?" he questioned, making Lucius lean further back in his seat as he thought.

Lucius clicked his fingers, an idea springing to mind. 

"We hold audience with her, hear her out, and if we find her credible, we swear her to secrecy, make an unbreakable vow even and then and only then do we tell her. I'm sure, as a friend of her's, she'd be willing to allow you to use Legilimency on her, and if not, I know a man with Veritaserum; we could slip it in her tea," the last part had been a joke, an attempt to lighten the mood, though Lucius did know a man who could supply them with Veritaserum.

Severus shifted in his seat and sighed. He worried about what this could do to his daughter. She still wasn't eating much, and he had yet to get a healer out to see her; most of Wizarding Britain's healers were fully booked due to a sudden rise in dragon pox amongst young children.

He considered his options for a moment. It would be good to have another person on their side. While it is possible it was one of Dumbledore's games, but swearing her to secrecy could solve that pretty easily, and if things went south well, obliviate was certainly an option.

"I wish to speak to Hyacinth and Tom first. If Tom disagrees, I may be able to talk him around, but if Hyacinth is against the idea, the answer is unequivocally no," The black-clad man decided. Lucius smiled slightly and nodded in agreement.

"Understood, old friend"