Scintillate

After a very cathartic crying session with her parents, Hyacinth tried to broach a subject with them, something that was weighing on her mind. She had already spoken to the twins about their thoughts, and now she just needed her parent's opinions.

"I wanted to talk to you both about the possibility of you guys' blood adopting the twins. I know that you'll probably need some time to think about it or even say no outright, and that is completely understandable, but please hear me out first. The twins have never properly had a family, like me, in some respects. From the day they could walk, Molly treated them as an afterthought. They started the pranks for the attention they desperately wanted from their parents, but it only got them punishment. It's not even for my benefit that I'm asking this of you, although the prospect of two older brothers is very appealing to me; more so, I want the twins to have the chance to have a proper family." 

Hyacinth's voice was still thick from crying, her words cracking and slightly fumbling, but she managed to get her thoughts out rather well. 

Severus shared a look with Tom, one that was soft and full of pride at the young woman their daughter was becoming. Tom lifted her with ease and placed her on his lap, wrapping a steadying arm around her back and pulling her into an easy hug. No matter how old Hyacinth grew, she would always be his little girl, Severus thought with a soft smile.

"Little blossom, that sounds like a brilliant idea. The twins have already disowned their family all, but legally, it would be easy with a trip to Gringotts for them to disown the Weasley's and for us to officially adopt them," Tom said, placing a kiss on his daughter's cheek, causing her to grin prettily at the affection. 

"When should we get it done?" Severus asked, smiling at the picture his daughter and husband created; his family together at last, and they would expand too.

Tom looked up at his husband, face awash with a youthful glow that Severus hadn't seen since school, and shrugged a single shoulder.

"You always used to say no time like the present, Severus. Why not do it now?" He asked, grinning wide and matching Hyacinth's.

Severus rolled his eyes playfully at Tom's words. They were the exact words Severus had used the day Tom had asked him to marry him all those years ago. He chuckled and stood with some effort from his position on the floor, his knees not enjoying his legs' prolonged crossed position.  

"I'll send Himmy with a message for Ludlig," Severus said. At Hyacinth's confused look, he elaborated, "Ludlig has appointed himself in charge of everything that regards you, including your accounts. He will deal with everything that you are involved in regarding Gringotts," He explained. Hyacinth nodded, cuddling slightly further into her father for a moment before she carefully got up.

"I better go and tell the boys then and get ready for a public appearance", the latter was said with some disdain, as it was a well-known fact that Hyacinth did not enjoy being in public. Both her parents chuckled, and before she left, she turned to face them, a watery smile on her face. "Thank you," she said, leaving as quietly as she arrived.