Girl Meets Her Ex

Riley's POV

It was a regular Wednesday afternoon; I had just walked out the doors of my high school and was on my way to my mother's bakery, Topanga's, for my usual shift. As I stepped off the train at my stop, I never imagined I would run into him, of all people.

"Hey, Riley!" the boy chirped.

"..." I knew he was waiting for my reply, but I was still processing the fact that he was currently standing, not even a foot away from me.

"L-L-Lucas. W-what are you d-doing here?" I finally answered.

"I'm back! Since my family moved back to Texas, I've been begging them to let me move in with my grandmother and stay in New York, and they finally agreed." Lucas explained happily.

"That's really...great." I could tell he knew I didn't mean the words I was saying.

It's not that I don't want him here, but he moved a year ago. A lot has happened since then, and I don't know how he'll adjust to the changes. Not to mention, our relationship has been relatively awkward since we tried and failed at the long-distance thing.

"I've missed you so much, Riles," he whispers as he leans in to hug me.

"I've missed you too." I quietly replied.

"So, are you heading to Topanga's," he asks, pulling away from me.

"Yeah, my shift starts at 4," I informed him.

"Riley, it's 3:55 right now," Lucas tells me as he checks his watch.

I immediately start freaking out and running all the way to the bakery, not realizing I had been dragging Lucas there as well.

"I AM SO SORRY I'M LATE, MOM!" I shout as I throw my stuff on the chair next to Maya and put on my work apron. I had yet to realize that the entire bakery had just witnessed me run in, holding hands with my ex-boyfriend.

"It's fine, honey, you're only a minute late." my mother, Topanga, sighed at my antics.

"Is no one going to mention the fact that huckleberry is here?" Maya, my best friend, inquires.

"Oh yeah, Lucas moved back from Texas," I remember now that I've calmed down.

"Wait, for real?" Zay speaks up, looking at Lucas.

Lucas only nods before Zay jumps out of his seat and gives Lucas an overly dramatic bear hug. Until this show of affection, the rest of my friend group was in shock, especially one very worried Farkle Minkus. As Maya, Smackle, Zay, and Lucas start catching up, Farkle makes a beeline for me and pulls me outside the bakery's doors and away from our friends.

"What's wrong, Farkle?" I ask one of my best friends.

"Do you still like Lucas? Now that he's back, would you rather be with him?" Farkle says exactly what's on his mind.

"For a genius, you can be really stupid sometimes." I point out with a smile on my face. 

"Riles.." He looks at me with so much insecurity.

Instead of saying anything, I wanted to let my actions do the talking. So I looked into his blue-green eyes, and I kissed him. I kissed him with everything I had, I put my hands in his hair, and he placed his arms around my waist like he'd done so many times before. I gently bit his lip, causing him to moan; I slipped my tongue into his mouth and let myself explore all that is Farkle. After what felt like hours, we were too out of breath to continue and broke the kiss.

"Farkle, I love you and only you. You're my boyfriend, and that's not going to change." I assure him.

"I love you too, Riles," he smiles at me.

As we both walk into the bakery holding hands, I notice Lucas looking at me, and he seems rather sad. I also see that Maya has a very mischievous look on her face.

"Peaches! You were spying on us, weren't you?!" I accuse my absolute best friend.

Instead of responding, she breaks into a fit of laughter; when she finally starts calming down, she looks up at Farkle and me from her seat and starts dying of laughter again. 

"I'm sorry, it's too funny. Farkle's blushing so hard he's practically a tomato." She calls out my boyfriend. I can't help but smile at my best friend and boyfriend as she laughs and he blushes.

-------------------

Hello to my lovely readers!

I know this one shot isn't super long, but I enjoyed writing it, so I hope you enjoyed reading it. I haven't updated this book in over a year, and for that, I'm sorry. But hey, it's a one-shot book, so at least there are no cliffhangers. Plus, I warned you the updates would be slow. If you haven't checked out my other books, please do. They are both GMW fanfics and have been completed, so you don't have to wait on me for updates. Also, 'Letters to You' has like 27K reads, so it must be at least decently good, right? Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading, and don't forget to vote if you liked this little story.

-A <3