Chapter Five: Dogged

[Rogue Alsatian]

I was holding a bunch of stuff and making my way towards my quarters. I walked by a room, and heard Syd.

"Look out!" Syd shouted, both her and Bridge ducked out of the room.

I saw a toast being tossed in the air.

"Toast, done!" The computer said.

"Are you two okay?" I asked.

Bridge and Syd stood back up.

"Never better." Bridge said. "What was that for?" He asked Syd.

"Toast?" Syd said. "I thought your computer is gonna explode."

"Why would it do that? I just amped it up to make toast." Bridge said. "Want a piece?" He asked.

"No, I just came by to give you this." Syd said, and hands him a magazine.

"You want a piece?" Bridge asked me.

"Sorry, I can't. I'm busy." I said. "Maybe next time."

Suddenly RIC came towards us.

"Leave me alone." Syd said, and the RIC stuck with her.

"It was delivered to my room, I figured it must be yours." Syd said.

"Finally, my new issue of Extreme Upgrade." Bridge said. "Boom and I are gonna upgrade his computer with a super processor, maybe even a waffle iron."

I chuckled.

"So, there's a whole magazine about customizing your computer?" Syd said. "How can I get a subscription."

"Oh, you can just borrow mine, when I'm done with it." Bridge said. "Wait, that's sarcasm wasn't it?" He asked.

"Yeah." Syd said.

"Can I borrow it?" I asked. "I love to read on Extreme Upgrade but I can't always get the newest issues."

"Sure." Bridge said. "It'll be yours when I'm done with it."

"Hey, Rogue. What's that your holding?" Syd asked.

"Oh, these?" I said, as I look down at a bunch of broken electronic parts. "I was just gonna head back to my quarter, to see if I can salvage these, and made something new. I swear, if I wasn't a part of the Canine-Squad, I would've been an engineer."

"Bye." I said, and begin making my way towards my quarter.

"Bye." Bridge and Syd said.

🆂 🅴 🆅 🅴 🅽

[Hunter Cruger]

All of us are in the Command Center, as Father was briefing us.

"There have been several missing person in the industrial district." Father said.

R.I.C. imitates a horse neigh.

"Good boy." I said, an pet RIC.

"Not now, RIC." Father said. "I want you to investigate."

"I could check out the area, and ask some questions." Syd said.

"And we'll monitor for any signs of alien activity." Sky said.

RIC went towards Syd.

"What is your problem? Rust Bucket?" Syd said.

"Aw, he likes you." Z said.

"Go away." Syd said. RIC spilled oil on her uniform. "Stupid robot. Look what he did to my uniform." She said.

"Get out of the way, RIC." Father said, and RIC backs away towards him, and peed on his feet.