𝟻

Aeliana woke up with a smile on her face for the first time what felt like decades. Looking over next to her, she found Elijah sleeping still.

After talking some more, deciding she didn't want to ask anymore questions at this time, she asked him to stay. At first she felt stupid, but he looked delighted, happy that she even asked that. It was the first night she felt well rested in a very long time.

"Good morning, my sweet," Elijah said to her, eyes still closed.

"How did you know I'm looking at you?" She shoots back jokingly.

He opens his eyes and tackles her to the bed, "How can I not feel a beautiful woman like you staring at me?"

She blushed at how he was on top of her, looking down at his lips again. He smirked and slowly went in for the first kiss of the day.

Once they pulled away, they both smiled at each other. Real, genuine smiles.

"How are you going to bring back my memories?" She asked, finally realizing there's only two ways to go about this.

He paused for a moment before saying, "Once he completes the ritual, he'll be at his weakest. I intend of finishing him off."

She looked a little uncomfortable, "So Elena has to die?"

He quickly shook his head and place a hand on her face shushing her, "No, no, my sweet. I had a witch acquire something that can bring her back. No innocent people will be dying under my watch."

"Okay," she smiled up at him, feeling more reassured.

Suddenly, her phone rang, ruining their mood. Groaning, she checked the contact as Damon. Begrudgingly, hit answer, "What can I do for you, bestie?"

"Want to babysit Elena with me?"

"Why are we babysitting a teenager?" she asked at the ridiculousness of the idea.

"So she stops going on little suicide missions, wifey Original." Elijah looked at Aeliana, holding back a laugh at the nickname Damon gave her.

"Why can't Stefan watch her?" She asked him confused.

"Well, he kind of, sort of, maybe got stuck in the tomb with Katherine."

"I'm not even going to ask. Fine, I'll get there when I get there," she told him, hanging up before he could give a response. She sadly looked over at the beautiful man, who moved off her during the phone call and is now laying next to her again. "I guess I better get ready,"

"Of course, I should too. I need to speak to Elena about the sacrifice. I'd walk over with you, but I have a feeling you're already on thin ice with the Salvatores," he told her sadly.

"Yeah, it feels that way. It started when I cried after Damon staked you,"

Kissing her lips softly, "I'm not going anywhere, my sweet. You have my word."

"