𝟷𝟷

"Ana, get your ass up!"

Aeliana shot from the bed, glaring at Kol as Audrey began to cry.

"Seriously, Kol? We're vampires. You couldn't have whispered?"

She begrudgingly got out of bed with Audrey in tow, making her way over to the study.

"This better be good, if you're waking me and a baby up this early."

"I saw Finn, in his very original body, and very much alive!"

Elijah, who was already seated at his desk, looked at him with side eyes.

"Are you quite sure?"

"I saw him with my own eyes. Finn must have come back when Davina resurrected me. The spell was tied to the blood of the Mikaelson line. Either it worked on him, or he found a way to hijack it. Either way, the only how I care about right now is how long I'm going to make him suffer before I kill him."

Kol began to pace around the room, the couple looking at each other nervously.

"Restraint, brother. For now."

"Why? Finn is clearly the one spreading rumors about missing white oak. He's luring Nik's enemies out of the woodwork. It's all part of his tedious revenge fantasy."

Freya's voice interrupted their conversation. "You're wrong. Those rumors began before either of you returned. Finn's innocent."

"Innocent? Pardon me, love, but Finn tried to kill the rest of us more than once! He's an enemy of our family."

"He is our family. Finn's return is an opportunity to mend old wounds and fix what's broken."

"He didn't just drop a bloody vase! He murdered me."

Aeliana raised her hand. "Yeah, and tried to kill me, made my pregnancy difficult, tried to kill Hope, should I continue?"

Elijah looked over at Freya, ignoring the two's displeasure.

"You seem certain."

Aeliana and Kol looked at each other horrified, the latter speaking up.

"Are you honestly siding with her?"

Elijah held up a hand to silence Kol and continued to maintain eye contact with Freya.

"Time and time again, Finn has demonstrated nothing but contempt toward his family. So, you tell me, how can you be so certain that he would return to us in peace?"

"Our sister knows me well. Though, perhaps you're right to doubt my intentions. By all means, let's discuss our family quarrels. I believe we're long overdue."

The voice that Aeliana really didn't want to hear appeared in the doorway, making her glare at the second oldest Mikaelson in annoyance.

"Hi Finn. Goodbye Finn."

Kol lunged for him, only to be blocked by Freya. However, Finn moved from the side and continuously dodged Kol's multiple advances.

"Take a swing at me? All these side steps and parries. Even the way you fight is boring."

"It's an odd critique, considering all your flair and flourish couldn't keep you from being bested the last time we faced each other."

Kol lunged for Finn again, only for Lucien to appear out of no where and hold Kol in a chokehold against the bookshelf.

"Perhaps we should let them fight? After all, they can't actually kill each other."

Aeliana shrugged. "I'm down. Nice to see you, Lucien."