𝟽

NEW ORLEANS, 19TH CENTURY

Rebekah and Aeliana were waiting in the shadows for a carriage meant to arrive with three women. They believed they would be meeting with the governer, however the two girls overheard that there were other intentions that were less than honorable.

"Excuse me, sir, how long before we arrive at the Governor's house?" They could hear one of the girls ask.

The carriage suddenly stopped, a group of men holding torches and alcohol stood in the street, blocking their path. They began shouting, swarming the carriage and started to shake it. Aeliana had enough, vamp speeding towards the men and stuck her fangs into the first neck she could find. Rebekah quickly followed suit, and suddenly the only sound to be heard were the men screaming.

The carriage door opened to reveal a man looking around at the bodies around the carriage. Terrified, he tried to run back but was pulled back by Aeliana who finished him off. Rebekah approached the carriage slowly and opened the door to reveal three shaking women. Aeliana appeared next to her and gave the blonde a handkerchief to wipe the blood from her mouth.

"There, there little lambs, all the bad men have gone away. You're safe here, please forgive the disorder. Us girls have got to stick together. Now, is there anything you want to take with you?" Rebekah spoke softly as Aeliana held out her hand and helped the women get out and retrieve their bags.

"Who are you?" One of the women asked Aeliana who just smiled.

"For once, we're the hero in someone's story."

Aeliana walked into Hayley's room at the compound, seeing her trying to fasten a zipper of a vintage wedding dress

Aeliana walked into Hayley's room at the compound, seeing her trying to fasten a zipper of a vintage wedding dress. "Damn girl, you are the prettiest pregnant bride I have ever seen! Here, let me help."

Hayley looked over and laughed. "You might need to use all your vampire strength."

"Let's see what I can do," Aeliana walked into the room and zipped the dress up with ease and fastened the buttons.

"Thanks. Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess," the wolf shrugged.

"Not many I've seen. Hell, if it weren't for Rebekah and I, the Casket Girls wouldn't have been a thing."

Hayley looked at her with surprise. "Really?" She shook her head. "It's so weird. It's like you guys are a walking history book."

Aeliana laughed and looked over at the birthmark. "Miss Hayley Ann!"

"Ann isn't even my middle name," Hayley laughed and covered up the birthmark with her hand.

"Well, then what is it?"

Hayley just shrugged.

"Well, now it's Ann. Anyways, keep that covered!"

Elijah appeared at the door "I have to agree. I don't suspect any of the riff-raff here would dare lay a hand on you, knowing you're under the protection of my family. Still, you shouldn't take any chances."