Flight of Terror

"Satoshi, wake up! We're going to land soon." Mao woke him up from his nap. He looked at Pikachu and saw that he was lying comfortably on my lap, curled up like a skitty. Satoshi scratched the base of Pikachu's ears making sure he didn't wake him.

"Good morning...what time is it?" he yawned as Rotom answered his question.

"*Bzzt* It is currently eight thirty-six a.m. Satoshi, *Bzzt* Good morning *Bzzt*!"

"Thank you, and good morning Rotom!" Rotom buzzed happily with a proud emoji on his screen. He floated back over to wake up professor Kukui.

"You're in a better mood today, why's that?" He looked at Mao and she had a very happy smile on her face.

"I don't know, I guess I just have a feeling this trip is going to be eventful." Pikachu wakes up climbing on my shoulder and snuggles into my neck. This caused us to smile in amusement.

"Well being how Team Rocket seems to be anywhere you go, I'm sure it will." Lillie said

"You're not wrong. But with that Bewear being with them, I doubt they'll show up." Satoshi said.

"Be careful Satoshi, you might jinx it." Mao jokes. He sighed, knowing she was right again.

"Hey Satoshi, why were you so off that day?" Lillie asked. At this, his mind drifted back to his dark memories causing him to go silent and grimace. "Oh no, I'm sorry you don't have to say anything, I didn't mean to push it!" Pikachu, noticing his discomfort. He licked and headbutted the side of Satoshi's face lightly, hoping to calm him down. He pet Pikachu's head thanking him. Pikachu cooed back in response. When he looked at Mao, she had her head down like a scolded child.

"It's fine, I'll tell you. It's just, not many people know about it. The only people that know are Kasumi and Takashi." he said, getting their attention.

"Who are they?" Mao asked.

"Oh right, I'm sorry I've never told you about them. Takashi and Kasumi were my first traveling companions. We traveled through Kanto and Johto together. After Johto Kasumi had to return to her gym. Takashi stayed with me through Hoenn and Sinnoh before leaving to study to be a pokemon doctor." He smiled as memories flooded back to him.

"They sound like fun people, I hope we'll meet them in Kanto!" Mao said, this made me smile more.

"If Kakui doesn't have it in his plans for the trip, I'll make sure to sneak you and Lillie away to their gyms to meet them." He offered. They were happy with this.

--------------------------

"I'm sorry that happened"

"Even though it happened two years ago I'm still not over it. I don't know if I ever will be."

Satoshi started. "After it happened I became distant and cold towards everyone around me. When anyone would try to talk to me I would yell at them or ignore them. I've noticed that I get like this around this time of the year. I acted so awful to everyone, I honestly didn't mean to, I'm really sorry."

"It's alright, I understand completely." Mao put her hand on his shoulder. "My mom died of an illness when I was seven. It's been eight years, but death isn't something to get over easily."

Satoshi agreed, "When I got home after her death, I sat in my room for days on end refusing to eat while I waited for the egg to hatch. Multiple times I passed out from not eating. My mom would have to force me to eat, and then I'd do it again. Out of anyone around me, it was Pikachu that was able to make me start eating regularly again." Pikachu chu'd in response, saying "Hell yeah I did", Satoshi laughed at his response.

"Eventually mom and Professor Oak convinced me to go on a vacation with them to Unova. I actually had a journey there too. When I was traveling in Unova I forgot the basics of batting and catching pokemon. I acted like a rookie trainer and was called out on it mostly by one of my companions, Iris. I also met my rival around the same time as Iris, his name was Trip. He was an asshole! He would act all polite around adults or trainers he respected, but if a trainer gave him the slightest amount of advice he'd act like he was talking to the stupidest person in the world." Pikachu growled. "I battled him after he chose his starter and he beat Pikachu because Pikachu had been struck by a storm that overloaded the amount of electricity he could store. If it weren't for the storm we might've been able to knock some sense into him. He was a stubborn kid!" I started mumbling my anger about Trip's attitude. After a few seconds, I caught myself in my rant. "I'm sorry I went off-topic. Anyway for the next few regions I went through I had multiple bags I would carry the egg in. Professor Oak gave me an incubator to carry it in. They never knew what was in the egg, but they knew it was important to me so they helped me take care of it while I traveled!" He pulled the incubator with the egg inside so they could have a better look.

"Satoshi, about the egg, do you know what's in it?" Lillie asked
"In all honesty, no, I don't. I've taken care of and helped take care of multiple pokemon eggs, but as far as I've learned legendary pokemon aren't supposed to be able to lay eggs." They shared the same confused looks on their faces as Satoshi had on his. "I don't know what's in the egg exactly but I do have an idea."

"Well, what is it!?" Mao asked.
"They could be part human" they look confused. "It's a possibility. When we were visiting Latias she transformed into a human form. After this, we got, um, i-intimate. shortly after is when she had the egg and was murdered."
They were very quiet and had a look of disgust on their faces. They sat for a moment or two in an uncomfortable silence. "You're joking, right?" Mao asked, he shook his head. "Well if it turns out that's the result and they are half-human, it sounds like it would be extremely dangerous for them with Team Rocket constantly on your tail. So however it turns out I'm willing to help you in any way I can. What about you Lillie?"

"Of course, anything you need just ask." Lillie agreed.

He smiled widely and my eyes teared up. "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me, Thank you!" They smiled as the flight attendant spoke over the loudspeaker that we were landing shortly.