the egg hatches

The beautiful light emerged from my bag as a sphere before we hit the base of the waterfall. The light caught the three of us and dropped us on the grass. The impact of the fall might have left me with a few scrapes and bruises, but at least we aren't dead. "I need to ask Arcies why he does this to me."

"Is everyone okay?" I ask while sitting up.

"I'm good." Misty had a grimacing face and rubbed her back from the impact.

"I'm fine too. Lillie?" Mao asks as she looks around for any sign of her girlfriend. She starts to panic when she realizes we were separated. Misty and I had to stop her from trying to search the woods and get lost again.

"Mao, Lillie will be fine, she's with Brock he'll make sure she gets back to us safely. She slowly calmed down enough to focus on a plan to get back to the lab. I checked my bag to grab a map of the region hoping that I could find a way out of the forest.

"Guys," they stopped talking and looked at me, "the eggs gone. It's no-"

A weight crashed into my chest, knocking me back onto my back again.

After catching my breath for the second time today, I sat up to see what had crashed into me. There was a small child, around the age of six or seven, looking back at me. She had long black hair, with strands of red, that reached her middle back. She also had chocolate brown eyes that sat above a pair of lightning bolt birthmarks. The marks were an exact match for mine. It finally happened, she finally hatched. I removed my striped shirt and slid it over her small body, it hung to her knees like a dress. "This will have to do
until I can get her some other clothes." I thought to myself.

She took a second to admire the shirt before smiling and hugging me, I quickly exempted it.

"Daddy I hatched! Did you see me, did ya?"

"No I missed it, I'm sorry." She frowned as if thinking for a moment, then she smiled. Her body glows with a red light. Misty and Mao had walked over to us to have a better look. When the light disappeared she was replaced by a differently colored Latias. Where a Latias has red fur, she has black fur that fades to red. Her eyes stayed the same brown as before though.

"You look so cool Ruby!" I stood up and she transformed back and landed in front of me.

"Ruby?"

"That's the name I chose for you, do you like it?" she nods her head excitedly.

"Ash, I'm sorry to bring this up now but the sun's starting to set and we need to find the others," Misty said as she pointed to the sun as it lowered behind the trees. Mao handed me my map and bag.

"Ash! Misty!"

"Mao!"

The bushes rustled behind us and Brock and Lillie walked out. Brock tried to get some of the dirt off his clothes and Lillie tried to pick the leaves and sticks out of hair.

"Lillie!" Mao runs over to Lillie and hugs her. "Lillie are you okay? I was so worried, we were gonna try to look for you!" Mao picked the leaves and twigs from Lilly's hair.

"Mao, I'm fine! Are you okay you're the ones who were thrown over a waterfall?" They walked over to us so we could talk about what had happened.
---------------------
"Satoshi, she's adorable!" Lillie cooed as she shifted Ruby on her back. Ruby got tired of walking and Lillie insisted on giving her a piggyback ride.

" if you ever can't find her, Lilly and I took her!" Mao said, giving me a smirk. I started to laugh at their jokes but stopped.

"What am I going to tell professor Burnette, Kukui? What am I supposed to tell my mom?" We stopped walking when I started to panic. "What am I supposed to say, Hey mom, professors, meet my daughter Ruby! She's half a fucking Legendary Latias. Oh yeah, I screwed a legendary pokemon!" I grabbed Misty by the shoulders tightly in my panic.

"What the hell do I do?"

She grabbed my wrists and got me to release some of my grips. "Ash I'm not exactly sure, but all of us have accepted what happened. Plus your mom is the kindest and most accepting person I've ever met." Brock said something similar, managing to calm me down a decent amount. I took Ruby from Lillie's back and held her so she had her head on my shoulder. As we continued to walk I listened to her steady unconscious breaths and slowed mine to match hers. The rest of our walk had a comforting silence. The only talk was from Brock, who now had the map, reading the directions to get back to the poke center.
---------------------
The door slid open and we were greeted by Nurse Joy. We decided to take turns in the showers. I got my change of clothes ready and put Ruby on the bed and tucked her in. I took the last shower so everyone could get their sleep.

"Ash here's your towel. Showers all yours." brock threw me a white towel and headed down the hall to the men's room.

"Pika pi?" I heard my best friend coo. I turn around and see his happy face changed to an angry one and he sparked his red pouches. "Pi...!"

"Shit... I'm sorry buddy! We weren't supposed to be out that long we got split up and fell off a waterfall."

"Pi?" he still looked upset as he motioned towards the clock on the wall.

"I know it's three a.m. I'm sorry, just let me take my shower and Ill explain when we get back to the room." The sparks disappeared as he calmed down and listened to me.

"Chu." I opened the door and he followed me in and sat by the walk-in shower.
---------------------
When we got near the door Pikachu started to sniff the air, not noticing as he walked into the door, falling back from the impact. He rubbed his nose with his paws from the impact and I started to turn the handle and laugh at his cuteness. My hand stopped just above the handle and I froze and turned to my right and stared at the wall. I shook my head when I heard the noises of the pokecenter again. "That was weird, did you feel that buddy.

"Pi-ka."

I opened the door and saw Ruby looking towards the same way we were. Her eyes widened at the light and she looked at the door. "Daddy, what was that?"

"I'm not sure but it's familiar. I feel like I've felt something like it before but I can't figure it out." She got off the bed wearing the shorts and shirt I changed her into. The shirt I had her in was wet so I had to change her clothes so she wouldn't get a cold. Pikachu smelled her and immediately knew her by her smell. He jumped on her head and smiled down at her and cooed. She was confused but smiled. "This is my partner and best friend Pikachu."

"Chupika!"

He jumped from her head to my shoulder and made himself comfortable. "Do you think you can sleep again?" she shook her head. "How about you, I and Pikachu go for a walk. Does that sound good?" she nods her head. I picked her up like before because she was still barefoot.
---------------------
We snuck into my house making sure not to wake mr.mime or my mom as I found my first traveling outfit and snuck back out of the house. Next, we headed to Professor Oak's lab. Leavanny helped me make it a size that would fit Ruby. I thanked the Nurturing Pokémon. We stopped at a store and bought her a pair of sneakers, a pack of underwear, and a pair of shorts, and a tank top for her to sleep in.

In the end, we made it back to the pokecenter at around six a.m. and finally got to sleep. For now, my worries are pushed to the side of my mind. I'll think about what to do next when that time comes.