His Imperious Boss - 18

Check if you've read the previous update.

_________________

"Hi Sidharth", He heard a familiar female voice while he was busy reading the newspaper in the morning.

He buckled the cap of the highlighting pen and forced a smile on his face before lifting up his head.

"Hi Kaamini. Kaisi ho?", He asked.

"I am fine. Tum kaise ho?", She asked.

"I am fine as well.", He looked around awkwardly not knowing what else to speak to her.

"How is Shehnaaz?", Asked Kaamini.

"Hmmm.. Yeah!! She is fine.", He nodded his head followed by another brief period of silence.

"Shaadi kab hai?", She asked.

"Huh? Kiski?", He asked puzzled.

"Tumhaari aur Shehnaaz ki?", She asked.

He realised that she broke up with him so that he marries Shehnaaz. He thought to himself that if he told her that Shehnaaz rejected his proposal, she might return into his life. He gulped in fear and decides to divert the topic rather than tell the truth.

"Tumhaara ghaav, heal ho gaya kya?", He asked holding her wrist and inspecting it.

"Woh.. haan.. Family ko darrane aur tumhe manaane ke liye kaata tha.. sachmein marne ke liye thode hi kaata tha joh itna gehra kaat leti.. ", she giggles loudly.

He fake laughs along with her while cursing her inwardly. The laughing expression on his face turns into nervousness when he finds Shehnaaz walking in. His hand shivered and left Kaamini's wrist at once when he found Shehnaaz glance at it.

Her face had the same usual cold expression but she immediately slipped her sunglasses over her nose to hide her expressive eyes after watching him holding her hand.

Sidharth faltered trying to stand up when she neared his desk. His entire structure trembled when he saw a slight smirk on her face before she walked past him.

"Good morning Shehnaaz", wished Kaamini.

Shehnaaz was a no nonsense person. She wasn't a person who would do things forcefully without her heart into it. She ignored her morning wish and walked past her.

"Huh!! Rassi jal gayi phir bhi bal nahi gaya. Itni badi bimaari hone ke baavajood uski akkad waise ki waise hi hai. Marne ka kauf bhi nahi hai.", Kaamini muttered in annoyance.

"Kaamini..", Sidharth said sternly.

"Sidharth bye, main chalti hoon. Bahut kaam hai.", Said Kaamini.

Sidharth ignored her bye and looked at Shehnaaz's cabin door which closed behind her back.

He picked up the newspaper and the coffee cup for Shehnaaz and went to her cabin.

He knocked on the door and entered when he heard her say yes.

"Good morning ma'am", he said to check her temper. She quietly stared at the screen without responding. He proceeded to place the cup of coffee and the newspaper on her table.

"Where is my secretary, Rihaan? This is his job.", She asked strictly without moving her eyeballs off her screen.

"Woh lawyer's office gaya hai. He messaged me saying that you asked him to go there.", He said standing afar. She didn't respond.

"Coffee garam hai. Sambhal ke", he said to her. He waited for her to reply for some time but when he didn't get one, he turned around to leave. He looked back at her, she lifted the cup and took a sip. He then took a step ahead to leave.