ii - high school dropout?

chapter two
high school dropout?

STAR SHOPPING - SHANE HAWKINS.
third person pov!
tw: none!

--- THE TWO GROUPS met in the middle of the classroom, Regan was already nervous.

" alright, so you're Regan, Fletcher, and Wyatt? " Dave asked, shaking hands with the three siblings after the confirmation. they did look pretty similar.

after every went on introducing themselves, they began the first challenge. what is everyone's favorite color? guess until correct! the card read.

" Shane and Regan can work together. " Taylor nodded, pushing Shane slightly - Fletcher doing the same with Regan.

" you can guess first. " Regan offered, Shane nodded and began to guess.

" pink? " she shook her head.

" purple? " she shook her head again.

" blue? " he sounded hopeful, but she simply shook her head again.

" green? " she smiled and nodded. green had always been her favorite.

" alright, my turn. red? " she started, he shook his head.

" blue? " he nodded.

" i should've known! you sounded super hopeful when you asked if mine was blue. " she laughed and shook her head. they'd ended up finishing before everyone else, so they took photos.

it took five minutes for the others to finish. Regan and Shane had become more comfortable around each other finally. it was no longer awkward for Regan - seeing as she'd pushed her crush behind her in order to win.

" c'mon, let's get the other task. " Wyatt stated, the group moved onto the second task, if your name has meaning, what is it? the task read.

Regan knew exactly why she was named what she was. between the brith of her brothers and her, her parents simply fell in love with The Exorcist, naming her Regan made sense to them.

" Regan goes first, hers is super interesting. " Fletcher gushed, poking at his sisters shoulders.

" uh so my parents named me Regan after Regan from The Exorcist, because between the birth of my brothers and me, they fell in love with the film. i don't know why they had to, because Regan got possessed and that could be foreshadowing, but yeah. " she rambled, pinching herself as soon as she realized.

" that actually... really cool. just don't get possessed. " Venus joked, giving the girl a high-five. Regan smiled brightly, returning the high-five.

as it turns out, Regan was the only one with a meaning behind her name. so they moved onto the third one.

what do you plan to do in the near future? it read, Regan smiled at the opportunity to make a joke about something that wouldn't happen.

" probably focus on my band. " was Dave's answer, same as Taylor and Venus'.

" spend more time with Regan. " Wyatt and Fletcher shrugged.

" get good grades. " Shane mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

" dropout. " Regan deadpanned, making sure it sounded believable. Fletcher and Wyatt shared a shocked glance while Venus and Shane both broke out into laughter.

to everyone else in the room, it looked like a group of people getting along perfectly, pushing any seen differences to the side. they seemed like the best of friends.

" wait, Reggie, you're serious? " Fletcher asked while wiping away start tears from all the laughter.

" no, dipshit! i guess my actual plan is to win a competition - the one next week. " Regan shrugged, ignoring the fact that her brother used a super sacred nickname no one else was supposed to know.

" wait, Reggie? " Taylor broke the siblings talk, making Regan, Fletcher, and Wyatt share glances.

" you were supposed to hear that. " Regan muttered, hiding her face in her hands.

next task fit perfectly - what are any known nicknames people call you? it read, Fletcher and Wyatt burst out into laughter while Regan dramatically fell to the floor.

" Regan go. " Wyatt struggled out in between a fit of laughter.

" uh... so there's... Reggie, Reg, and Ann. " she whispered, but Shane heard. of course Shane heard.

" i'm dropping out. adios. " she stated, standing up to walk out of the class, but Shane caught her and pulled her back to her spot, smiling at her.

she rolled her eyes but couldn't contain the smile that blossomed onto her face.

mars says
yo come manzanas