44~Drugged 2

Habiba's POV:

In my unconscious state, I could hear and feel everything going on around me but I couldn't open my eyes to visualize them, my eyes felt weary and heavy and once I tried to open them, I instantly feel a surge of pain.

"Is anyone there?" I muttered hoping anyone would hear me out, but my voice wasn't loud enough, and with my eyes shut making me unable to see made my situation uneasy, I tried to sit up from my laying position when I felt a tight grip on my arm.

"Who is it? Where am I?" I asked nervously.

"Calm down Ma'am, you're at the school clinic."

"School clinic?" I uttered in surprise.

"Where is Abdul? And who are you?"

"You mean sir Abdul? He's not around but he asked me to look after you." She replied.

"And who are you?" I questioned impatiently, I was scared and worried about my condition, I needed to know who I was left with and why was I experiencing such sharp pains.

"I'm a nurse in this clinic, relax." She replied.

"Nurse please tell me, what's wrong with my sight? I can't open my eyes, and whenever I try, they begin to hurt badly, please tell me, am I going blind?" I asked while feeling my tears streaming down.

"Ma'am I can't say much since the doctor hasn't checked you, but don't worry you will be fine." She replied.

"When? I need to get back to the exam hall, I need to complete my exams." I cried.

"Sorry ma'am but I'm sure by now the exams would have been completed, it's already 6 pm."

"6 pm?" I shrieked.

"Yes, ma."

"No no no! For how long have I been unconscious?"

"I guess 9 hours."

"What! 9 hours? how is it possible? No, I can't fail my exams, I can't disappoint everyone most especially Grandma, she had her hopes high on me, what will I tell her? That I suddenly went blind?"

"Nurse please, you have to help me." I cried waiting for her response but she didn't reply, rather the whole place turned silent.

"Nurse, are you there?"

"Nurse?" I called again while trying to reach my hands in her direction.

She had gone, leaving me to my tears and blinded condition.

What have I done to deserve such misfortune? Now my enemies would surely laugh at me, they will mock me, Najib, Zaitun, and mother-in-law, none of them will spare me.

I will forever be taunted by Najib, after all, he never valued me, and now that I was finally going to prove my worth of being a degree holder and taking a step forward in my life this had to happen?

"God please work a miracle." I cried.

"You need to do something, you can't just keep sitting here mumbling to yourself without making an effort." A voice utters.

And with the little strength I had left, I gathered myself up by tapping the walls while barging into a few stuffs, I soon got to the door.

Trying to reach for the door handle, the door suddenly opens.

"Habiba? Where are you leaving to in this state? Nurse!," He yelled.

"A...bdul?" I stammered trying to figure out if exactly he was the one.

"It's me." He replied.

Swiftly, he lifts me back to bed.

"What is wrong with my eyes? And the exams, is it true that it's over?" I cried.