51~Jealousy

Najib's POV:

"You're here?" Was the first thing she said once she opened her eyes for the past hour that I'd been monitoring her.

"Welcome, did you just arrive?" She mutters.

"What happened?" I sighed.

"Hmm... She mumbled trying to sit up.

Once she gathered herself up, she slipped her fingers under her pillow and pulled out a wristwatch.

"I found your wristwatch while cleaning, it was still broken so...

She stopped and gazed at me for a while, and then she pulled my hand placing the wristwatch on my palms.

"I took your wristwatch for repair since I owed you...

"And?" I was becoming impatient by the way she broke her words.

"And then I contacted Abdul who gave me an address where wristwatches were repaired, so I got there with the driver, the place was shabby and suspicious, but since I didn't know my way around Lagos I couldn't tell the repairers weren't legit...

"I never knew they were thieves." She continued.

"So what you're trying to say is that you got in contact with thieves? And they caused you this? I point at the bold bandage on her wrist.

"Yeah." She nods.

"Are you foolish or gullible?"

"Huh?"

"I said are you a fool?"

She didn't reply but bowed down her face like someone guilty of a shameful act.

"I never knew they were thieves, they don't write their identity on their forehead you know." She mumbled.

"Give me the location."

"Why? What do you need it for?"

"I want to find the criminals that did this to you."

"Just let it be." She smiled.

"It's a crime, they need to be punished for this."

"It's my fault, I trusted them blindly, I thought they were honest boys but unfortunately they tried to rob me, it was while I struggled to run from them, during the struggle their pocket knife tore my wrist causing me to bleed and after then I can't remember what transpired after that but thankfully the driver found me and brought me to the hospital at once."

"They can't get away with this!"

"Please forget this, they are minors and from the appearance of their environment, they look like poor kids who pickpockets just to survive, don't prolong this matter please." She pleaded further.

"Just give me the location."

"Fine, it's Aje...gu." She stammered struggling to pronounce the name.

"Ajegunle?"

"Yes, that's the place, but why do you look surprised?" She asks curiously.

"That place is known for notorious thugs and criminals in Lagos, but I don't blame you, I blame the fool who gave you the address, he's aware of the environment but he never thought of your safety?"

"It's not his fault."

"I should have known you would defend your lover...

"Can you just stop it!" She snapped cutting me shut.

"What? I'm just stating the truth."

" No! There's no truth in that." She yells.

"I was the one who begged him to give the location of the cheapest place I could repair the watch, he did warn me to be careful after he shared the location, and also insisted I waited for him to escort me another day, but I refused, I wanted to get it done today."