Chapter 1

For the purposes of this story, Harry was born in 1986, and Tony in 1973.

Harry grinned as he watched Ron fumble in an attempt to ask Hermione to dance, the loud, pulsing music drowning out half of his words. His first proper birthday party ever, and he was loving it.

"Oi, Harry!" a voice called, and Harry turned, smiling as Bill, Charlie and the twins approached him.

"Hey, guys," he greeted happily, allowing the twins to pop up either side of him, their arms around his shoulders.

"Oh Harry, brother dear,"

"Us older, more gifted Weasleys thought,"

"That you deserved something a little more special,"

"On your coming of age," they told him, their alternating sentences too familiar now to confuse him. He raised an eyebrow, and Bill and Charlie grinned.

"What they're trying to say is, we got you a little something extra," Charlie supplied. Harry blushed slightly.

"Guys, you didn't have to, what you already got me is more than enough," he insisted, thinking of the presents he had already opened from the four brothers. Bill rolled his eyes, ruffling Harry's hair.

"No, but we wanted to. You deserve a bit of a break after all this chaos, so we got you this," he said, handing Harry a plain white envelope. "Go on, open it," he urged, an excited grin on his face. Harry apprehensively slit the top of the envelope, pulling out a single piece of paper. Examining it more closely, his jaw dropped.

"Guys, I... wow..." he breathed, awestruck. They'd gotten him a first-class ticket to Malibu, California. "This is... wow."

"You like it? It's a two-week trip, you'll be home in time to see everyone off to school and get started on your St Mungo's courses," Charlie explained. Harry wouldn't be returning for his seventh year; Dumbledore had arranged for him to take his NEWTs at the end of his 6th year, after extensive tutoring, in case the war escalated to the point where Harry wouldn't be able to return. Fortunately, Voldemort had attacked, as usual, at the very end of the school year, and Harry had finally been able to defeat him with the help of both the Order and the DA. Now, Harry was planning on starting healer training when all his friends went back to Hogwarts.

"Guys, this is incredible! I... thank you," he said sincerely, pulling all four redheads into a strange sort-of group hug.

"You're welcome, Harry," George replied with a smile.

"We had a bit of help from Remus and Dumbledore, but we've sorted out hotel details and the like, everything is taken care of. All you need to do is go and enjoy yourself, like any other seventeen year-old boy. Think you can handle that?" Bill asked him with a grin. Harry laughed, nodding.

"Yeah, I think I can manage being normal for two weeks. Thanks, guys. This is awesome," he said again, beaming. Fred ruffled his hair, grinning mischievously.

"Brilliant! You leave tomorrow," he chirped, causing Harry's eyes to widen.

"Tomorrow? But what about packing?"

"All taken care of, Remus packed for you. Though I'm sure there'll be room in your bags for anything he's missed out," Fred interrupted. Harry paused, then broke out into a grin.

"Then I'd better make the most of today, hadn't I?"

.-.

The next morning found Harry, having taken an anti-hangover potion helpfully provided by Remus, rushing about his room, checking that absolutely everything he needed was packed. Of course, Remus hadn't let him see what he'd already packed, so it was up to Harry to assume by what was missing from his room. From what he could see, everything he might need was packed; he trusted Remus, the man knew him better than anyone and knew what Harry would want with him. The only thing Remus had told him was that the two-way mirror was in his bag, should he get homesick or just want to chat. Harry was thankful for that; he'd never even left Britain before, he didn't know how he'd fare all the way over in America.