Chapter 27

Harry stroked Luke's hair as he closed the book, setting it aside and tugging the duvet further up his sleeping son. Looking over his shoulder, he smiled at Remus, who was leaning in the doorway. "We can talk now, then?" the werewolf presumed. Harry raised an eyebrow; he'd only been home an hour, and he hadn't mentioned a thing.

"What makes you think we need to talk?" he asked innocently, slipping from the room. Remus snorted, rolling his eyes as he shut Luke's bedroom door.

"Oh, please. I know you, Harry, and I know that look on your face. You've got news, now spill," he urged. Harry sighed, fiddling with the hem of his shirt nervously.

"Luke and I are moving in with Tony a little sooner than planned," he admitted. "We just had such a brilliant week out there, and Luke loves Malibu, and I miss Tony so much when I'm here. We're going to enroll Luke in a muggle school come August, so we want to get him settled over there before we do." Between the three of them they'd decided on a school, and Pepper had gotten the paperwork for them to fill out. It was a private school, with quite a lot of wealthy kids of important people, and Tony and Harry were hoping the security would be high; Luke was at risk in both worlds, considering who his parents were.

"I thought as much," Remus replied, making Harry blink.

"What?" he asked, confused. Remus snorted, smiling fondly at his godson.

"Harry, I hate to tell you, but I've been expecting you to say this for weeks. You're not subtle with the way you look at Tony, or with that mopey expression you get every time he's gone. I never expected you to drag out the move as long as you were planning," he pointed out reasonably, amused as Harry blushed.

"You're not mad, then?" he checked.

"You'll still be coming back to visit regularly, won't you?" the werewolf asked, and Harry nodded. "And I'll be able to come out and see you when I please?" Again, Harry nodded. "Then I've no reason to be mad. I'm happy for you, Harry; you're finally getting what you've wanted for nearly six years." Harry grinned, wrapping his arms tightly around Remus' thin shoulders.

"Love you, Moony," he murmured into the man's cardigan, making him chuckle.

"I love you, too, cub. And I know you'll be happy in America with Tony. Hell, you'd be happy in a cave with Tony," he added dryly. Harry couldn't deny it was true. "But you do know you've got to break the news to the rest of the family, right?" Harry froze, then groaned loudly, burying his face in Remus' neck.

"Kill me now." Remus, the sympathetic bastard, just laughed.

.-.-.

Harry invited everyone over for dinner two days later, giving nothing but a cryptic ''I have an announcement' by way of explanation. Still, come Thursday night, he had the entire Weasley family in his kitchen, plus several others who might as well have been. Luke was loving having the whole family around, and Harry felt a pang at the thought of being several thousand miles away from them all. But, to be fair, he could apparate the distance without too many problems, and there was always Tony's jet. "What's with the big gathering then, mate?" Charlie asked quietly, leaning against the counter while Harry stirred the pasta sauce.

"Wait, you'll find out with everyone else," he replied, and Charlie smirked.

"Wouldn't have anything to do with your Tony now, would it?" Harry's cheeks reddened, and Charlie let out a soft noise of triumph. "There we go. You're not pregnant again, are you?" Harry choked on air, spluttering, wide-eyed.

"No, no, not pregnant again. Maybe in a couple of years, but... not yet." He and Tony hadn't discussed the possibility of more kids since the day Tony had seen the photo album. Harry was too hesitant to bring it up again, in case he'd changed his mind.