Chapter 35

Harry ran a hand through his hair, trying not to look overtly frustrated as Tony actually walked him to the sofa. "For Merlin's sake, Tony, I'm only nine weeks pregnant, I'm hardly even showing yet! You're being ridiculous."

"Not taking any chances," Tony declared stubbornly, hand sliding briefly across Harry's stomach. Harry rolled his eyes, giving the man a pointed look.

"So I suppose we're not going to have any sex between now and when the baby's born, hmm? If you don't want to take chances." Tony swallowed, looking pained, and Harry smirked.

"Okay, yeah, that's a chance I'm willing to take." Harry got to his feet, pulling Tony into a soft kiss.

"I'm fine, love," he insisted gently. "I've got an appointment with my healer booked for next week, and this isn't my first rodeo. When everyone's in and settled we can have a family meeting on all the dos and don'ts, if that would make you feel better?" The American snickered, lips quirking.

"Family meeting, huh? I like the sound of that," he drawled, pressing his lips to Harry's once more. Harry wound an arm around his neck, their chests pressing together, deepening the kiss.

"Oh, you're not at it again, are you?" The green-eyed wizard laughed into his lover's mouth, pulling away to see Remus stood in the doorway with a fondly exasperated look on his face. "He's already pregnant, Tony, you don't need to keep trying so hard." The werewolf had come to stay and help Harry with Luke while Tony was healing up and working on the logistics of rebuilding the city, but Harry was steadily winning him over on the idea of staying for the duration of the pregnancy; and perhaps longer, if he could manage it.

"I can't help it, he's glowing already," Tony insisted, stroking a thumb down Harry's cheek and grinning when the younger man blushed.

"Yes, well, you might want to take a cold shower or something before everyone starts arriving. I believe your Asgardian friend is on his way; Miss Foster called ahead to let us know," Remus added, amused. Harry leaned into Tony's side, smiling.

"Brilliant, Luke will be pleased. Where is he, by the way?" Last time he'd seen his son, it had been in the kitchen, baking cookies with Remus in preparation for their new arrivals. A week after the battle with Loki, and the rest of the Avengers had finally run out of excuses to delay moving in to Stark Tower. Loki had been taken back to Asgard, and as far as SHIELD were concerned the Avengers had gone their separate ways; they all, Phil included, decided that Fury didn't need to know about the change in address. Thor was the biggest surprise, all of them having expected him to stay in Asgard due to the vast amount of power needed to make the jump without the Bifrost. But the blonde had turned up a day after, apparently having made a very convincing case to the Allfather about why he should stay on Midgard, and went to visit Jane Foster with the promise to move in to Stark Tower when he returned.

"In his room," Remus supplied. "I think he's figuring out which of his Captain America toys to show Steve first." Harry snorted, sharing a grin with Tony. Luke had talked of absolutely nothing but three things over the past week; the wedding, the baby, and Captain America. Harry just hoped Steve was prepared for living full-time with two of his biggest fans - though Phil, Clint had assured him, was leaving his vintage Cap merch in storage.

The conversation was interrupted by a loud clap of thunder, and all three of them glanced up at the ceiling. "Thor's here."

"Would you like me to direct him to you, sir?" JARVIS asked politely.

"Please, J." They all turned at the sound of quick footsteps, and Luke emerged from the hallway with a wide grin on his face.

"They're coming!" he exclaimed, throwing himself onto the sofa in his excitement. Harry picked him up, swinging him easily onto his back with a smile.