Chapter 24

Harry smiled as he watched Luke play on his Stark-tech console, one of his many Iron Man figures tucked under his arm. He'd taken to carrying them around a lot more often, and Harry had heard him addressing them as 'Papa' a couple of times. It was sweet, but just made him wish Lucas could talk to his actual father, rather than a toy. It had been a week and a half since the birthday party, and Harry missed Tony like hell.

Flicking over the TV as Lucas' favourite show ended, he paused as BBC News showed a flash of Iron Man, turning back to the channel and turning the volume up. "Iron Man seemed to have met his match today in San Francisco, facing off against several villains of unknown origin. While the superhero did manage to defeat his enemies, sources report that Mr Stark is currently receiving medical attention, and is in critical condition." Harry went chalk white, turning the TV off before they could show pictures; he didn't want Lucas to see that. Fumbling with his phone, Harry dialled Pepper's number, begging her to pick up.

"Pepper, it's Harry," he said as soon as she answered. "I saw the news; what happened?"

"Tony's okay," she said instantly, and he let out a sigh of relief. "He's... he was hurt, pretty bad, I won't lie to you. But he's been released from hospital, and they've said he'll be just fine." Harry's chest clenched in panic; how bad was 'pretty bad'?

"I'm coming over," he told her, already on his feet. "Are you at the house?"

"Yes, but-"

"But nothing, I need to see him," Harry insisted. He needed to see for himself that Tony was okay. "I'll be over in about twenty minutes." Hanging up without waiting for a reply, he ran through to the kitchen, finding Remus hunched over a mug of peppermint tea. It had been the last day of the full moon the night before, and the werewolf was still recovering. "Moony, Tony's been hurt, I need to go over and see him." Remus' expression grew serious, and he nodded.

"Of course. How long will you be?" Harry sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"A day, maybe two? Pepper says he's okay, but... I need to see him." Remus nodded in understanding, gingerly getting to his feet.

"I'll look after Luke, it's no problem. You go be with Tony," he urged. Harry smiled, hugging his godfather gently.

"You're the best, Moony. I won't be too long, I promise, and I'll call tomorrow. Thank you." Remus smiled, shaking his head, and Harry kissed him on the cheek before sprinting up to his bedroom, shoving a couple of changes of clothes in a bag and running back downstairs. "Pup," he called, returning to the living room. Luke had paused his game, and was looking worried. "I need to go over to Malibu for a couple of days, alright? Your papa got hurt when fighting a villain, and I need to make sure he's okay."

"Can I come?" Luke asked instantly, and Harry shook his head. He didn't want Luke seeing Tony severely injured, or Tony putting on a brave face for his son.

"No, love, it's best if you stay with Uncle Moony. But I'll give him an extra big hug from you, and you'll see him soon, okay?" Luke frowned, but nodded, and Harry bundled him in a hug, kissing his forehead. "I'll see you in a few days, sweetheart. Be good for Remus, I love you."

"I love you too, Dad. Tell Papa I love him and I hope he feels better soon." Harry smiled at his son's words, setting him down on the floor.

"Will do, pup." Stepping back, Harry cleared his mind, turning on the spot with a soft pop, and smiled when he appeared in the living room of Tony's Malibu house, though it turned to a wince when one of the lightbulbs blew. Whoops. Not wasting any time, he immediately made his way to the bedroom. He ran into Pepper in the hallway, and she let out a yelp when she saw him.