Thanks to Them (Part 2)

Y/n POV

I know that Camilas advise won't completely get rid of my... uh... anger issues.
But i'll try. We have more important stuff to think about rather than me being petty.

Everyone was back in the house, though they hadn't gone into town yet. Why? I don't know.

I sat in the living room, watching like a hawk, waiting for the perfect opportunity to apologize to Hunter.
And there it was. A golden opportunity. No pun intended.
Gus walked up the stairs and into the kitchen to make some of his mustard ravioli.
I immediately snuck down into the basement and made my way down the stairs.

I saw Hunter sitting in a corner, reading some book. His eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on the words.

I sighed before knocking in the wooden railing. He perked his head up, looking surprised, before quickly changing his expression.
"What are you doing here?" He asked me, putting his book down.

I walked down the remaining steps before sitting down on the last one.
I felt incredibly ashamed. "I came to apologize." Though I still had to really suck up my pride for this.

Hunter raised an eyebrow. "I know what I said was really stupid... and petty." I didn't dare to look him in the eye.
"Go on." He spoke.
I rolled my eyes. "And I am really sorry. Flapjack wasn't stupid, he was probably looking for something. He's a... uh... really smart bird." I said awkwardly.

I laughed to myself. "Sorry, i'm really bad at apologies."
"Anyway, the point is!" I stood up, this time looking at him. "I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for calling Flapjack dumb and insane, and I'm sorry for calling you powerless and insane, I just really don't know what came over me." I ranted and I felt a tear run down my cheek.

I didn't even notice that Hunter now sat by my side.
He sighed. "I forgive you." I looked at him in disbelief.
"These months have been hard on us all, but especially you. Sure, it doesn't give you a reason to literally bash me and my closest friend, but it's an explanation."

I looked at him with a small smile. "That sounds very out of character for you." I laughed.
He playfully rolled his eyes. "Well, a little bird, gave me some really inspiring words."
We both laughed a little before a silence fell over us.
A type of silence where you could tell that the other person really wanted to say something, but just didn't. Sike.
"I really want to make things right between us again." Hunter said. What now? Is this his way of apologizing?
But before I could answer the door to the basement swung open.
Oh my god. Gus my lord and savior.
Gus stood in the doorway with a mountain of mustard ravioli on a plate.

He then actually understood what was going on. "Oh i'll- i'll just leave." He spoke awkwardly.
"Oh it's fine I was just leaving." I said as I ran up the stairs with an awkward smile.

As I walked back to Luz's room, I couldn't stop smiling. That felt weirdly refreshing. And I hadn't lost my friends. Though I was still waiting for my apology.

~Time Skip brought to you by Flapjack that has forgiven you~

I had been filled in on everything. Flapjack had found a weird box which contained a rebus. Which apparently is text written in some kind of code.

"All right. Luz is at her mom's vet clinic putting tiny little bandages on "hedgehogs". So today, we're going into town to solve this code." Amity spoke confidently.