Natalia

A sharp rap on the passenger side window made Natalia jump. Grant opened the door and leaned into the gap, his arms resting on the roof of the car.

"See that guy over there?" He nodded to a man walking back into the kitchen of the restaurant they were parked behind. "That's Renald Veriten, one of the best chefs in this sector of the star system."

Natalia smiled. Of course she knew Chef Veriten, her family were patrons of his restaurant. "How do you know him?"

"He loves to give me shit, and he is also one of my best customers," Grant said.

"Ok," she replied, turning towards him, trying not to rub her arms against the chilly fall air invading the nice warm cab of the car. A few stops prior, she convinced Grant to put the top up, telling him she would freeze to death if he didn't, no matter how warm his sweater was. Finally, when she pointed out the fact she could see her own breath, he relented and closed the car.

Grant gave her a playful grin. "You can thank me later."

She frowned, her eyebrows drawing together. "For?"

"Well, when he saw I was with someone, he started pestering me to tell him who. When he found out it was a woman, he almost had a stroke. He demanded we come into his kitchen so he can feed you a proper meal instead of whatever trail-mix I found lying on the floor of my truck. Those were his words exactly. So, what do you say?"

"What am I thanking you for again?" She raised her eyebrow, trying not to laugh as he glared at her.

"I'm pretty sure I said he was one of the best chefs in this sector. Now come on."

Natalia placed her hand on Grant's chest, even as he reached over to unbuckle her seatbelt. The movement put their heads just inches apart. "I'm not sure that's such a great idea, Grant."

Her heart fell at the disappointment in his eyes. He looked down, refusing to meet her gaze, and replied, "Yeah, I get it. Look, you don't have to come if you're not comfortable with it."

"Not comfortable with what?" Natalia asked, her head tilting to the side. She tried to look into his eyes.

Grant sighed. "It's the same thing with Margo. Anyone you know sees us together and they will give you shit. I get it. We can go back."

Natalia shook her head. "It is not that." She slipped her hand around his neck, giving his cheek a gentle caress. He turned to look at her, and Natalia took advantage of the moment. It was probably the first and last time she would be able to touch him like this. She leaned up to kiss him.

She was surprised when he didn't pull away. Grant's hand found her face, and he pulled her closer to his lips. His mouth moved against hers slowly, hesitantly at first, then his lips grew more heated against hers. His hands slid to the small of her back, drawing her even tighter to him.

Natalia could feel her nipples hardening through her sweater. It only made Grant kiss her harder. Natalia moaned softly and pressed herself against his body, her breasts mashed against his chest. Grant broke the kiss, pulling away from her reluctantly and taking a deep breath.

"Ok," he breathed. "I believe you. So, what is it?"

Grimacing, Natalia swung her legs so she could jump from the jeep. Grant grabbed her around the waist and lifted her to the ground. "I am quite certain you won't want to be seen with me."

"What are you talking about?" Grant laughed. "Nat, you're amazing. You don't have to worry."

Natalia sighed and walked towards the kitchen door, Grant following close behind her. "Well. This is certainly going to be interesting."