Parallel Love

Error's POV

I stepped into the back stage after singing a long two hour holiday concert. My legs were tired and it hurt to speak. At least the fans enjoyed it and at least I didn't die on stage.

Entering my dressing room, I instantly felt relaxed. I took off my mask, which was warm from my breath, and I slipped off my winter concert attire. My joints were sore from the constant dancing but I pushed through in order to put on casual clothing.

I packed everything into my bag and left the area through the back door. As I walked to my car, I saw a the first snow flakes fall from the sky. Holding out my hand, I let a few land on it before it quickly melted from my body heat.

I thought about what Ink was doing. It had been a few days since our lives last merged and I haven't seen him since. The more time went on, the more I thought about him.

After slipping into the drivers seat of my vehicle, I turned it on to get the heater going. The drive home was silent so I turned on the radio to fill the quietness. It wasn't long before I parked outside of the apartment complex, the urge to sleep growing stronger.

I yawned while I unlocked the door. The smell of gingerbread hit me as I entered my home. I released a relaxed sigh but realized that I never burned candles or baked.

Looking around, I saw that the apartment had changed quite a bit. There was garland that was placed neatly on the TV stand and wreaths were hung carefully on the sides of it. Little snowmen stood in the center of the coffee table, being accompanied by unlit candles. Festive blankets were thrown over the back of the couch and new pillows had replaced those that were there before.

In the kitchen, I saw that the oven had recently been on and there was a tray of gingerbread on the counter cooling. There was a box with icing in it as well as small bottles of sprinkles.

I approached it to get a better look. There were several cutouts of parts to build a house. Knowing that these appeared suddenly gave me a spark of hope.

As if my prayers were answered, I heard a voice from the hallway. I turned to be greeted with Ink and his cat Bean.

Ink: Error. I had no idea you would be here today. I would have cleaned up.

He said, rubbing that back of his neck embarrassingly.

Me: You don't have to. I live here too.

I smiled while smiling. Ink returned it before walking to the tray on the counter.

Me: I didn't know you could bake.

Ink: I work at a café, remember? I kinda have to know or I would lose my job.

He responded as he carefully picked up the gingerbread and transported it onto a rack to finish the cooling process. I placed my bag on the floor and then found my place on a bar stool. I rested my chin on my hand while I watched Ink move the cookies.

Me: What are you doing?

Ink: I am baking gingerbread so we can build houses out of them.

Me: We?

I asked, motioning between him and I. Ink nodded happily, which made me blush slightly.

Me: When do we start?

Ink: As soon as they cool down little bit, we can start building. They can't be too hot or the icing will melt but it also can't be too cold or they won't stick together well enough. So we should start... right now. Perfect timing.