Right Outside My Window

Error's POV

I walked through the halls, heading towards my bedroom. My eyes glanced outside the windows. The curtains were pulled back slightly to let in the light.

It was cloudy and snow was slowly falling from the sky. The sun was out but I couldn't see it because of the thick grey clouds. This was the only weather condition that allowed me to walk around the castle during the day, going outside would still kill me.

The sky may have been quite dark which blocked the strong rays of the sun however, everything was still ungodly bright to me that I had a difficult time seeing.

As I passed the library, I suddenly smelled sweetness which instantly caused my irises to turn red. I turned around and went to the library doors. Pushing them open, I followed the scent to a chair in the corner. I saw Ink drinking tea while reading a book. Until I saw Ink, I never realized how hungry I was.

My mate looked up from the pages of his story. He bowed his head to me before inviting me to sit with him.

Ink: I did not know you would be awake at this hour of day.

Me: I was actually on my way to my bedroom to sleep. That is... until I picked up your scent in the hallway.

He poured me a cup of tea and offered it to me. At that current moment, I was not interested in drinking tea but I did not reject his offer.

He continued to read his book as I sat across from him, silently fighting my inner animal and its urge to feed from Ink. I tried to calm myself by listening to my mate's soulbeat and his mind.

Ink did not seem to be thinking about anything in particular, only having minute long thoughts before clearing it away. No words came from me as he had stated his dislike of me responding to his thoughts.

Placing the cup down on the table, I looked at the frost that had formed on the window.

Ink: How are you not burning? It is not nighttime.

Me: Cloudy days give me an opportunity to stay awake a little longer.

He nodded, turning the page. I looked around the library walls. It had been some time since I last sat here as I normally enjoyed being in the center near the unlit hearth.

An idea came to me. I looked at Ink with a small expression of wonder.

Me: Ink.

Ink: Yes, your majesty?

Me: How about we take a walk together tonight in the forest? I heard it wouldn't be too cold, just some snow on the ground.

Ink gave me a suspicious look, leaning to the side and staring at my boots.

Ink: Are you sure? Because your shoes are not made for such weather.

Me: It will fine. I can always get new ones.

He sighed but eventually accepted my invitation. I smiled, showing the tips of my fangs.

(Time Skip)

  I watched the moon, waiting for Ink to arrive. My hunger increased just thinking about my mate but I needed to stay in control for this night.

  I suddenly sensed a presence approaching me. I turned to see Ink, who was somewhat shivering from the chilly night air. He bowed to me and gave me a warm smile.

Me: Did you not bring a cloak to keep you warm?

Ink: I did not have the chance to. My family is catholic so they had been celebrating the entire day. I was able to get away from them by having the excuse that I was tired. I snuck out through my window and my cloak was down stairs.