Chapter 21: Same friend, different friendship

"I'm too dumb for this." Austin whines, talking about his failed attempt at solving the rubik's cube.

"No, you're too impatient." I correct him.

"Okay, maybe that one." He agrees. "Let's do something we're both good at." He suggests.

"And that is?" I ask him, not knowing what he could mean by that.

Instead of answering with words he brings his hand to my face and brushes my hair out if it. A streak goes through my eye as he does so and I have to blink a few times.

He chuckles and keeps my face cupped in his palm, looking into my eyes. And there it is again, this nice tingly feeling in my chest and stomach.

His eyes look full of lust and oh, his lips look so soft and inviting and I wonder if they feel different in the warmth of my room. Only one way to find out.

Austin leans in, closing the distance between us. He just gives me a peck on the lips, pulling away right away.

That's it?

Instead of kissing me, he brings our foreheads together. For some reason this feels equally intimate.

We both have our eyes closed. Okay, I don't know about Austin, but mine are closed. I listen to him breath through his nose.

The smile just won't leave my lips. I cannot stop smiling, not even if I wanted to. What was I even upset about? Screw everyone who doesn't agree with this. This is worth every struggle.

I feel Austin slowly tilt his head upwards to bring our lips closer together again. His nose is touching my cheek and I can feel his breath on it. He stops right before our lips can touch. God, this suspense is killing me.

I also move my head upwards and move my lips forward, but Austin pulls back right before my lips can touch his. He chuckles softly.

"Hey." I say offended, opening my eyes.

"Who's impatient now?" Austin whispers teasingly. His breath is touching my lips with every word. Is he mocking me?

I swallow hard. I'd be lying if I said that this isn't turning me on for some reason.

His hand is still on my cheek, holding my head in place, while his fingers are gently stroking my hair right above my ear.

I almost let out a whimper. I just wanna kiss him already.

I move my head forward again and once more he leans slightly back right in time. My lips slightly brush his, but they don't meet like I want them to.

I almost give up, when he suddenly pulls me closer and crashes his lips to mine.

I hungrily kiss him back, not being able to hold back. He tastes so good. I smoked a joint before, I really hope that it doesn't taste bad or anything.

My thoughts go silent when Austin parts his lips slightly more while we kiss, feeling his tongue against my bottom lip. I grab him by the back of his neck with both hands to pull him even closer.

My heart is pounding so hard in my chest. I had no idea that kissing can be so exciting.

I'm slightly on top of him while he's resting on his elbows, his head tilted back.

He pushes me back, sitting up and flips us over so I'm on my back. I catch my breath, panting. He's leaning over my body, his hands on either side of my head and my hips in between his legs. He's looking down at me, smiling.

I grab his hair and pull him down to kiss me. He slips one of his hands underneath my hoodie, moving it gently over my skin, up and down my upper body.

Our kiss is hungry and sloppy as he slips his tongue into my mouth. I feel him moving his knee in between my thighs, pushing them apart.